V-max 4 Banger Makeover!

2ooosrx

VIP Member
Website
www.cbperformanceparts.com
Hey guys, many of you have seen some of my project sleds and the extreme I got to to clean and polish my sled and I now have a new very quick project. This is going to be nothing special at all and nothing like my 2000 SRX. It is our 95 V-max 4 800 that really needed some TLC. We knew it had to come home with us last weekend when I warmed up the sled and dropped the rear suspension and it stayed dropped. lol You can see why in the pictures. With this "project" we are just going through the sled. It gets a new track, shock, blasted and painted pipes and other things. Here are the pictures of it to begin with.

Here are some more pictures of where we are at with the sled. This sled is extremely fast aswell and when we first got the clutching correct with the PSI pipes, we saw 129 on radar on ice. In this first picture, anyone want to take a guess as to what that hole on the right was for?

I will update later with pics of the progress, enjoy.

man, a quicky! geeze, i think she'll feel let down, then you never see 129 out of her again!!! anyways, sounds like a great project! you guys got any job openings over there for restorin/buildin sleds for $60,000 + a year, cuz i'm in the market for one!!! haha, jp...

go to www.vmax4.com you will get the best help you can get for that sled. alot of times better info than the dealer can give. i really recommend that site for everything you will need.

the hole next to the drive shaft should not be there. looks like the drive shaft broke and speared it. you will want to close up that hole and fix the egged out drive shaft hole.

i have 2 vmax4's and one is a 159"x 2" mtn mod sled in progress and the other is a 136 "x 1.5" ST

:yrules:

Busted Max said:
go to www.vmax4.com

the hole next to the drive shaft should not be there. looks like the drive shaft broke and speared it. you will want to close up that hole and fix the egged out drive shaft hole.

:yrules:

Wrong, but nice try. The hole next to the drive shaft was extremely ahead of it's time and is still ahead of it's time. That hole there was for our belt drive on that sled. The drive axel would go through there and the reason we changed the location was because there was a hydrualic brake setup on that side of the sled. When my dad built the belt drive, he was worried that the belt might break on him so he went the route of putting a hydraulic brake on the drive axel so even if your belt blew up, you could still stop your sled. THis setup on this sled was REALLY sweet. With the entire belt drive system we had the hydralic brake on the clutch side with a custom rotor, this was on a titanium drive axel that was all beefed up, and it had the belt drive system on it. Truly sweet.

Other updates for this sled include having a racing track with very long studs in it. This track should allow this sled to finally get back to the 129 we have seen from it before. Here are some pictures of the track. The studs stick over the lug .740" which is HUGE! We are running 1.000" studboy carbide studs on the .540" lug track. Also,as you guys have seen before, the rear suspension was in very bad shape so I went through the entire rear suspension today and replaced all of the bushings, greased everything up, took off the bad wheels and put on good ones, new hyfay, and of coarse put the new shock on. This rear suspension weighs in at 71 pounds including the idler and has I believe 21 wheels on the suspension! LOL Here are the pictures!

TRACK PICS

In the Picture, the track is laying flat on the ground!

REAR SUSPENSION

coming along :) that is a HUGE amount of wheels lol! why so damn many? just going for nice easy rolling resistance??

When this used to be my dads sled, he put all of those wheels on there so there would be very little rolling resistance and that is one reason the sled was capable of such a high top speed. As for it being heavy, I will put it into perspective for you. A stock SRX or Viper suspension weighs around 72-73 pounds so even with all of these wheels, it is still lighter then a viper or SRX suspension. Lastly, That is a generous offer but for now, the pipes are not for sale. Thanks for the comments guys. Should have her back together by the end of today MAYBE!

Back