Hot sled..why is this guy smiling?

BigMac

sledfire1.jpg

sledfire2.jpg

sledfire3.jpg

sledfire4.jpg

he was smiling because it was a polaris and he was glad to see it go and like terret said he can buy a yammi now :WayCool:

That looks like my buddy Todd! LOL I'm sure it's not unless those pics were taken in Michigan.... why is he smiling?

Last edited:
maybe its not his sled? Even if it was a Fusion that I owned if it burnt I wouldnt be smiling, thats for sure.

Thats too bad that sled burnt, although anyone riding one of those was asking for it, see all the plastic under the hood?!

Also, these pics will add to my collection of burning polaris fusion pics.

Yep:

"He drove with the parking brake on, causing hot parts to ignite an improperly-secured fuel line."

Jigg said:
He rode with the parking brake on...

The pics were taken in Michigan about a month ago.

Thats what I was thinking. A few years back, there was this woman on a snowarama run for easter seals and she was riding a formula 500, and left her parking brake on. The sled did catch on fire but it was contained by only the brake pads burning and some crud around them. The fire was put out and away we go. That corner of the trail where that happened is now marked with a sign saying "Loraines Hot Spot"

Just thought id mention this as well. Isnt it great that yamaha has a fool proof parking brake, like when you apply it, it covers the left hand grip, so if you go to drive, you feel it and remember to take it off. This is only with the hydraulic brake models. Also, if you lose your brakes, you can use the parking brake as a temporary auxilary brake, it has happened before to a freind of mine.

Back