Hot sled..why is this guy smiling?

Now he will miss out on the next 6 recalls that Pol. will have on the sled. Darn!
2datrl

Call me crazy, but if my sled caught on fire I'd throw some of the snow on it to try and stop it. The fire wasn't that big at first. Insurance would have totalled it once it burned through the hood and toasted the engine. Then the guy could have sold the skid, ski's, etc...... and made some money back. Smile and take pictures????

Ok... you're crazy. I wouldn't go anywhere near it, not with 10 gallons of gas sitting in the tank.

He wasn't photoshopped in... here's a couple more pictures:

128803133.jpg

128803121.jpg

unless he was far enough away when it started and couldnt get back in time?? I would have jsut ran too, can replace the sled but not my body lol!

in those pics when it is burnt down a lot, where is the rear skid? or most of the other metal parts? i see the handlebars....but where is everything else??

They're all aluminum, and with all of that fuel, they're sure to melt. (gasoline burns hot enough to melt aluminum)

here's another pic of afterwards:

128803100.jpg

Jiggs, It's not like the movies where the gas tank blows up. When a gas tank catches fire whether on a sled or in a car, the flames just intensify. The tank doesn't explode.

YS

Did this sled have the water-cooled brake? Someone once told me that's why Polaris put the water-cooled brake on thier sleds: people were leaving the parking brake on and setting the sleds on fire.

A side note: everybody puts down the Yamahas because of their weight, but I'll lug around the extra two pounds to have that seperate parking brake any day! Now that I'm thinking about it, Yammis have all kinds of extra weight stuff on them that make them more reliable, take the metal slinkys on the coolant hoses for example.

2001SRXTRIPLE said:
Call me crazy, but if my sled caught on fire I'd throw some of the snow on it to try and stop it. The fire wasn't that big at first. Insurance would have totalled it once it burned through the hood and toasted the engine. Then the guy could have sold the skid, ski's, etc...... and made some money back. Smile and take pictures????

If the insurance company totals it, they own it, so he wouldn't be (legally) able to salvage anything from it.

He could buy it back real cheap though and then part it. Most people dont want to be bothered with stuff like that they just get a new one. I think that should become my new motto.

I wonder where he placed the match to get it going like that....LOL

Actually, looks like someone was riding with the parking brake on...suspicous

Back