new project pics

skidooboy

just picked it up tonight. 03 yzf450r going to mod it for supermoto track use. all parts on order, hope to represent yamaha at the michigan supermoto event in flint in less than two weeks. if you love riding dirtbikes, you have got to try supermoto. it is a blast!!!

Attachments

• 100_3738[1].jpg
    100_3738[1].jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 27

Wheres the race at in Flint? Maybe I'll drag the kids down and root you on! Let me know what your bib # will be if different than 453.
Good Luck

not race, sorry if i mislead ya's. if you goto www.misupermoto.com you can see what the hub ub is all about. the pro's are going to be at the palace of auburn hills in july. i am going to watch them for sure. the event is like a get together for practice tuning ect.. very fun to watch and to participate in. some of the boys and girls are super fast. think about road race slicks on a 450 dirt bike, it is insane fun. grape ape even has a T Rex of a bike (cr500r all tricked out to sumo specs) you have smaller diameter wheels (17") then huge brake system on the front (320mm rotor) suspension, gearing, and protection. yes the bike needs protection cause when you bail at speed on asphalt it makes a dirt get off look small. LOL!!! come out and check it out. the jackson track has several demo events that you can participate with minimal equipment. no cost to you until you get bit by the bug and have to have one of these monsters. right chris???? ski

The BUG! Yes I have a nasty bite, and am thinking of ways to make myself faster than I am... Ski, post up the link of the pics that your camera took.

An interesting race concept. Serious question: Just seems strange to convert a dirt bike to run asphault instead of just racing some type of street bike. I am guessing these bikes are very nimble around sharp corners and very quick off the line acclerations, vs. a street bike would be longer runs and wider corners?

very nimble, very fast, gobs of traction. cleaner than full on dirt riding/racing. alot less wear and tear and you and equipment. if you get a chance to watch it on tv, or in person, or try it at a demo day at a track near you, by all means please come see what it is all about. i cant tell you how much fun it is. ski

www.misupermoto.com they have two more demo days, one for husaberg and husky, and one more for ktm. just run i94 from chicago to us, about 3 hours or so from you. come over sat. afternoon, stay night (i am sure one of us ty'ers can put you up for the night) go to the track sunday ride till 4-5 pm your home by 7-8 pm (6-7 your time). c'mon you know you wanna.

doo it!! doo it!!

ski

Stay at my house, as I am 15min from the track. Ski I am needing a fix right now... Jimmy H once said "Tire tracks all across your back, I can see you had your fun"

pics of my custom plates. more advertizing on a different platform for the site. hope you dont mind tom. figure it is more exposure for the site. could bring the bike to some of the show's you do if you like. (after it is all in supermoto trim of course) what do you think? ski

Attachments

• frontplate pic.jpg
    frontplate pic.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 4
  • side plate pic.jpg
    side plate pic.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 6
skidooboy said:
www.misupermoto.com they have two more demo days, one for husaberg and husky, and one more for ktm. just run i94 from chicago to us, about 3 hours or so from you. come over sat. afternoon, stay night (i am sure one of us ty'ers can put you up for the night) go to the track sunday ride till 4-5 pm your home by 7-8 pm (6-7 your time). c'mon you know you wanna.

doo it!! doo it!!

ski

What equipment is required for these demo events?

helmet, gloves, leather coat, work boots. we use moto x gear and under protection. some wear full race leathers. your choice. the less protection you wear the less i would push the performance envelope. ski

skidooboy said:
helmet, gloves, leather coat, work boots. we use moto x gear and under protection. some wear full race leathers. your choice. the less protection you wear the less i would push the performance envelope. ski

....I dont have the needed equipment (i.e. leathers or under protection).

I have a helmet, gloves, boots, an armored cycle jacket (not leather). I do not have a leather jacket, leather pants, or under armor.

Back