new project pics

I grew up a 1/2 mile from AutoCity Speedway and have never been there!! :o| This might be a good time to go and check the place out, never been a big race car fan, but bikes and sleds, oh yeah. Eric, are you and Grape planning on going this Sunday(21st)?

yep we'll be there on sunday about 1100am till we are done in the evening. weatherlooks good right now. hope it holds out. got all my stuff today to switch the yzf over to asphalt. hope it all fits and it works. hope to seeyou there. look for the red snap on tools awning, that's us. ski

big, humungous, gianormous thank you to grape ape. cant ask for a better friend. drops what he's doing on the way home from work to help me put the slicks and rims together, mount the new shoes on the bike, install fender, sliders ect...

guys i know we hate the internet for somethings but without it i would never met grape. one of the best persons you'd ever meet in real life, will give shirt off back when he cant give any more. your number 1 in my books chris.

without further adoo, here she is sans large brake rotor as there was a mess up in shipping at motostrano and it was not in stock like they thought. not sure if i will get in time for flint, so we put her together the best possible. motostrano was nice enough to turn the order around for me in 3 days and they didnt have the wheels together. also said if the rotor arrives on friday they would send it out next day air saturday delivery no extra charge. big thanks to joe and the gang at www.motostrano.com

ski

Attachments

• lt sidesm.JPG
    lt sidesm.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 12
  • rt side sm.JPG
    rt side sm.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 13
  • rt side sm small.JPG
    rt side sm small.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I couldn't help but notice the little red sticker on the front fender is a little off center. LMAO I know that'll start to obsess you a little Eric.
Other than that your bike looks fantastic!

Just curious

so how long are the straight aways in this racing? since the rims and tires are so much shorter, do ya change all the gearing as well(sprockets)? I thought the transmission has a differnt gear ratio then say a yz and a wr have differnt ratios??. maybe I am picturing in my head a indy 500 speedway.... :dunno: lol

short straights. mostly the tracks that we ride on are kart tracks. lots of turns and s curves. then they set up an area so we can get on a dirt section for motocross style obstacles. then its back on the asphalt. some series the racing is called 70-30 (70% asphalt, 30% dirt or motocross) it is a blast. generally the gearing is set higher for top speeds mostly due to the amount of traction we have so we can keep both wheels on the ground. i am finding out my motocross gearing is too "short" and i have the front tire in the air alot. ski

Mr Viper, the last time we went out I had new tires. The nubs are worn off the sides, but I still have a few in the middle.... Ski, no problem on the help, but if you want the shirt off my back, I reccommend washing it first, LOL

Gonna wash that Grape right outta that shirt....

"Thumbs Up" Grape!

No comment on the "shirt off his back" thing... Wow...

Looking Good Ski, if my Shed hadn't sprung a magic leak, and need repairs, I'd be in Flint getting some action shots for you of that new, sweet ride!

Have fun out there!

ya, I figured gearing would be alot deeper going to a smaller diameter wheels.

I had a chance to put a few hot laps on Ski's YZ... It rocks, and I think I will be looking for a 4-stroke bike at the end of summer. Mook, you shoulda been there, as we are a ton faster than last time:)

Hey Ski, sorry I didnt make it over to watch Sunday, how'd it go? By the sounds of Grape's post, you guys are getting dialled in!!

Back