ebay is tickin me off

sxviper32

anyone sell anything on ebay and at the end put "not..." ? for example, i put some srx stuff up there and i put at the end "not viper" just to get more looks ya know cuz the "viper" would be in the search. i mean i've done that before and so have tons of people. well today i got a letter from ebay saying that i am "spamming" and that it is not tolerated to do that and that if i continue to do it again i may have my account revoked with all the positive feedbacks i've accumulated! anyone else ever gotten this? i mean what happens when they see my other auctions that i just put up with this auction that also end in "not viper"? :whine: #$%&* #$%&* #$%&* #$%&* #$%&*

yep! I have always done the "Not" thing too. They pulled my GP292 racer with 2 days remaining due to the spamming thing. 28 watcher of the auction. Relisted two days later and now only have 8 watchers with only two days left!

ya i know, i had a guy inquire about one of my items and asking if i'd ship it up north to ontario and i got back to him on a price, but he's probably moved on now after seein it pulled. hope he comes back. oh and also i went in and fixed the other 3 and they still pullled them later on after i fixed them.

I can top that. They got me super heated a couple weeks ago, cost me over a grand. I had two jet skis on there for sale. I ran them for one week. After 6 days and 19 hours (had 5 hours to go) had met reserve for 3600 they pulled the add. Reason two items for sale on the same auction. Can you believe that shit I was pissed. Noway to contact high bidder, nothing. They said for me to relist them seperatly. I did and only got 3,000 for the pair. Im getting pissed thinking bout it. A week ago I put my old mans Honda Shadow on there as"2004 Honda Shadow Not Harley Davidson" They pulled it for saying NOT. I think they pick and choose who they want to pick on. I see not and two sled,two jetskis and two quads all the time on there. Its back yard business at its best. If its not allowed they should have programs that inform you when u place it not some yahoo checking it and saying oh this cant be on here and pulling it.

I'll be honest, the whole NOT thing in the title kind of pisses me off, but no more than the people you have to list the names of all 4 oems becuase they are sell some crap that is remotly snowmobile relate (like stickers or plans for a utility trailer). as far as selling multiple thing at once, why not? whan I'm looking for some books, I want several in a series. Selling a pair of jetskis together makes some sense, and obviously whoever bid thought so too. but realy no kidding a honda shaddow isn't a HD, you just added that so more people whould see it, not to clarify anything.

There is a thread on another board about the whole search thing on Ebay. I get pissed when I am looking for something specific and have to wade through all of the "not this or not that" I wasn't looking for what it wasn't! If I was looking for a Harley I don't want to waste my time weeding thru Honda Shadows. (nothin personal srxsxr) It is worse in the world of RC cars. Almost imposable to narrow down a search anything T-Maxx related to a managable amount. I don't understand the pair of jet ski's thing tho. Can you sell a pair of jet ski's as a "Jet Ski Package" or something like that?

as a buyer I agree with jeep... the search function get really dirty with the "not" or "like" in the titles. As a seller, I wish they would have done a better job screening at the time of listing rather than pulling the auction near the end

i agree with you guys somewhat on the "not" thing as i do get a lot of non-related junk in my searches but i put it in there because some of the stuff could be made to fit a viper (for example the stock srx pipes) and well the average joe wouldn't know but someone else may and i wanted them to see my auction. thats all really why i put it in there.

ya i listed a 02 kawasaki kx 125 for sale and i did the not thing and like 3 days later they ended the auction because of me putting not in my title oh well when i relisted it it still brought $50 over my reserve anyhow this was 2 weeks ago

and like you guys said i see the same thing in a few listings on almost every search i do and none of those guys listings get pulled

I have bought and sold over 300 items on E-bay since 1999 and can only say it's a real pain if I'm looking for a (Yamaha SRX snowmobile) and the search pulls up 3286 hits which include a 1924 model A Ford and a 1972 Rupp boggie wheel ! Sorry but, hat's off to E-bay ! I simply use the advanced search and use as many (Exclude these words) as E-bay allows.
Examples are search for (Yamaha Snowmobile) and use excluding the words motorcycle xenon eton plazma answer oneal honda yz125 yz250 yz400 koyuk golf atv kz kx klx kl ke kdx bn zx zr vn gel ttr zg pc kd ninja sm10d pw50 sl gp gs ew gpx sm pr tl
Or search for (sled) and exclude motorcycle xenon eton plazma answer oneal waterski train video waverunner golf atv pc ninja vega wynn mapsource golf hjc matchbox garmin lego nora gps Nintendo jumpstart redneck coldwave snoboot demons monster tonka cabela sorel aurora bike crafts snowmen charms playstation snowboard Disney x

Last edited:
I agree with ya srx600 guy I did put it in there to get more hits. It didnt upset as much as the two jet skis with the two place trailer. That was the on i was really upset about. This shadow looked like a fat boy and I was hoping to get some harley dreamer to buy it.Im not saying they was way off base on it being pulled but they should be able to catch this stuff right away. The jet ski thing is BS tho.

JJWickenhauser said:
:rulez: As a buyer I'm ot a fan of "not" i mean who is? but could it be replaced with "like"

your not a fan of "not" but would rather i put "like" in place? are you not a fan of the word "not" or what?

My 2 cents to this is the "Not" does not belong in the title but rather the description. Not everything can be limited in an advanced search. One of the many issues with the similar names on most Yamaha Products. Looking for a vmax part on ebay is nearly impossible.

The "Two" auction pull would piss me off greatly and if I had proof I would want some compensation. If it was an improper list ebay should just change it to a dutch auction rather than canceling the entire thing. If they are only going on the word "two" it is going to be really hard to sell a two place trailer.

My wife had an auction pulled for one of her "Craft"'s because some of the samples she had pictures of on the listing contained copyrights. Damn near anything has a copyright now a days.

I have a client that seems to place ads with "Spamming" in mind. Problem is many of the things he sells are listed in so many areas it is hard to get noticed or to stand out from the 10000 other of the same or similar items that are already listed. Even some of his "Hot Rod" items go in with a bunch of model years in the title. Is he going to be banned? who knows but he does pay a good amount for the listings and the fees maybe that makes a difference. Maybe when the listings are $75 a crack things are different.

Maybe Google will buy ebay in the next few years and clean house.

Last edited:
I had 341 Positive feedbacks, and 11 Negative or Neutrals on Ebay, member since '01, and am currently suspended because 2 whackjobs, with 2 or less feedback complained to Ebay, about something. Minsung Jung was one of the guys, one arab guy, no way of communicating...
I had a few auctions pulled, and surely lost on cash too, I can say once they pull one of your auctions, you are marked from then on. OBTW wait until you get suspended. I have to resolve every Neu. or Neg. feedback before reinstatement.
Example- A guy never paid me for an item i sold. I leave a Neg. feedback, so he in return leaves me one out of spite or insanity, whatever... How do I resolve this with him, so he contacts ebay on my behalf. Send him free stuff?
Then I can't access any of my ebay pages to get contact info. All I can do is contact Ebay, and wait a week for a vague response that does nothing!!! To hell with'em soon,

Killer, E-bay is by no means perfect...... did you follow the dispute resolution process and if so, can't you inform E-bay and eliminate those Neg. F.B.'s ? I remember a while back E-bay sending a notice that if a member had a high % (?) of negatives and got pulled/band they, could eliminate that person from your F.B. ! ? ! I won a no reserve auction and showed up with cash in hand with trailer in tow and the guy decides he NEEDS an extra $75.00 for the sled since, it did not end where he would of liked ! Had it been worth the extra $ I would have given it to him but, it was trash ! I sold 23 used Hard drives for like $40.00 and AFTER the auction I informed the buyer I had found 4 more that I'd include for Nothing, then when I recounted I only found 3 extra and after recieving them he get's all hyper and wrote I short changed him in F.B. ! ? ! I have little faith in people anymore...... sad but, true !

Last edited:
No I didn't. I had just shut down my high speed internet, had only been using the internet, at our library. Never thought to update my email address on my Ebay account, from my cancelled high-speed to a yahoo account. Never recieved any of the emails, only the messages at my Ebay. Anyway, by no means do I deserve to be baanned from the site, many times I've thrown in extra parts, shipped priority whan only paid for parcel post....etc....
May be impossible to get back on with their unreal demands. I'm blown away. Just looked again, these users feedback was, 0, 2, 1 respectivley. A few other neutrals and negatives were just from people not completely satified. Wanting 20 year old stuff, in new condition, but only willing to pay 20 year old prices?
The one auctionI shipped the thing right away, guy says I never got it, I sent another one to him, still unhappy? Give me a break. I guess I should give every thing away free?

Back