ebay is tickin me off

Yep I always wait. I used to leave it as soon as I was paid if I was the lister and when I got the item when I was the buyer but people are getting sneeky or just out of spite screwing others.

Now I leave it but there is a big delay. What bothers me the most is that the "200" characters alotted is all you get where that is not even close to enough when things go wrong. I had a non paying bidder on an item. Dispute and negative feedback do no good on byers with less than a handful of auctions. This guy had his account pulled about a month after his NPB with me. Other times I had a guy charge me $10 for shipping across the state via USPS. Total cost was $1.75 took 12 day's for it to arrive after auction end. If he chose UPS it would have been $3 and would have been delivered in 2 day's or less. He got neutral feedback. I don't feel bad. It was an $18 item with $10 shipping on a 2 pound flat object in a folded up cardboard box.

What really sucks is I had an auction I listed for a client on his ID for an AC Cobra body for $60K. He had a $75K reserve on it. 7 day's in he had a few bidders but at the 60K mark. He lowered the reserve to meet the bids. They did not up them the $100 difference.

I bid on and won a small motor for a guy , a "Power Seller", got the motor. it was not new like the auction said, it was in bad shape, it was shipped improperly in more than one way. He shipped it with oil in it. In a light weight box not rated for the weight. A box re-used from a HP inkjet printer so you can imagine the thinness of the box. It was packed full of shreaded paper then wrapped in a plastic bag. I paid $80 for the motor and $45 for shipping. Actual shipping was $33 for the weight and size. I then found out the motor does not work at all. No compression or anything. He contacted UPS and got the insurance then refuned all of my money. I was happy with the results but not the auction on a whole. He violated DOT rules and may have even commited fraud. I'll just chalk it up to lesson learned.

Back