help ID these pipes

motor

first of all i did not say it was dynoed. and there is a ton of history behind this sled, it was built by gary padden who was in with yamaha in the 70's. i talked to him and got the info on it as far as the motor. yamaha gave him what ever he wanted back then motors cylinders etc.etc............. the motors are factory complete gyt motors and he told me that those motors made around 90 hp each. so take it for what its worth. so o.k lets say 180hp give or take!!!. lets help snopro find out what he is looking for. brian

I would agree they make mid 90’s HP at 8750 rpm, GYT pipes and a brand new set of injectors. Probably a modified one would make about 80HP. :yam:

There were no “factory” GYT motors – just out of the box GYT. They had a factory water cooled version of GYT when the GYT was air cooled. If the guy had friends at Yamaha – he may have got the factory pipes, special light pistons and polished rods.

What procedure did you use to attach the cranks? I’d certainly like to own that thing. :whine:

its not for sale. you would have to get in line there is a lot of interest in it . i am including a email a guy sent me from canada.

Ok: I didn't get the picture, I took the picture. We raced against this sled, at I think Regina Beach Sask. in the late 70's or early 80's, may of raced against it a couple of years or a couple of places, just can't remember. One of the sleds we were running was a 77 SRX wild ported and aaen wild pipes 46 mm carbs, very fast, we usualy took first in our class and open mod, however when we came up against the 440x2 , we had him good out of the hole and for about 300 feet but when his track finaly hooked up, he went by so fast I thought we blew up or lost our track. Am sending you two other pics. The two guys in the pic were I thought living in CA. now and I heard the sled was nothing but a pile of trash with no engine at a yamaha dealership near Minot, So guess I would like the real story, of where you got it and what it's been doing. Don't mind sharing thes pics , just remember where you got them, John

OMG!
Whats the fastest u ever had that radared/GPS?? Is it set up for short drags or can it haul *** on up to 130mph?

Back