M10 Question

What is your skid of choice for trail riding (rough/smooth)?

• ProAction - Stock KYB shocks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ProAction - ReValved Shocks

• M12

• Poo Skid

• Cat Skid

• Doo Skid

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xsivhp

Ok, bought an M10 last week, and I talk to Bruce S. at B-Line Control in Lindstrom Minnesota. He is a former Yamaha sno-cross shock tech. I'm talking with him about the KYB shocks Yamaha uses and ask him about the M10 with the Zero Pros. He tells me the M10 is not a great skid for running above 35 - 40 mph - does anybody that has an M10 (or had) agree or disagree with this comment?

He's got me seriously doubting my purchase.

Thanks for any and all feedback.

xs

xsivhp said:
Ok, bought an M10 last week, and I talk to Bruce S. at B-Line Control in Lindstrom Minnesota. He is a former Yamaha sno-cross shock tech. I'm talking with him about the KYB shocks Yamaha uses and ask him about the M10 with the Zero Pros. He tells me the M10 is not a great skid for running above 35 - 40 mph - does anybody that has an M10 (or had) agree or disagree with this comment?

He's got me seriously doubting my purchase.

Thanks for any and all feedback.

xs
No expert here, But that is the craziest thing I ever heard!

Cool - he really had me going? I'm not sure where he is coming from on that - he seems very knowledgeable - and is a super nice guy. I'm still sending my Dad's shock to him to get them revalved.

Thanks guys.

I am by NO means an expert on the topic, but from what I have heard from Polaris people who had to choose between the M10 and the ProX? edge rear susp., they were told that the M10 was plusher, and not to get it for ditch-banging. Something about rising vs falling rate? No doubt it will be better than your Pro-action at any speed, but I have to say that the pro-action in my SXr was excellent for jump landings compared to a Polaris edge rear susp. If the M10 is softer yet, it might not be a "jumper", but I'm sure you can get it valved and sprung to your liking.

I don't jump that much, as much as I would like to say I do, and I'm definately not jumping roads or getting Mondo air. I just more or less ride really rough sh*t*y trails up north that I like to go fast on and not get the crap kicked out of me.

I think you are right, it's the rising rate vs falling rate thing.

I'm going to give it a shot, as most say way better. And the only ditches I ride are on the way to the trails once every 2 or 3 years when the trails open in Eau Claire.

Keep the feedback coming - I want to hear it all!

Thanks,

Mike

The m-10 suspension does it all, except maybe jumping and then it will bottom fairly easy,but I don't jump much either.I have had mine for ayear and after a season of ridong and tuning, I think you will be tickled with it.It is very plush riding like a luxury sled and it just keeps working as speeds and bump size increases.Anyone who says it does'nt work has'nt rode one much and or it was'nt dialed in for there weight and riding style, just follow your manual, its very useful and if you still have questions call fast directly in my experience there very helpful.The key here is take the time to optimze the setup for your weight and riding style, don't be afraid to experiment with it and you'll be rewarded greatly with some of the best comfort and control in a traditional sled setup.

The only thing I miss about my Pro Action skid after getting the M-10 are the pain killers the Dr perscribed for my back.
I really loved that hazey floaty feeling.

The only real advantage that I feel the M-10 has is that the springs and shocks are set on the softer side. all the things that made it great and revolutionary back when it was new are standard things on the new skids from the big 4. but either way, it should ride better than the proaction, just wont be the most aggresive skid around. make the viper less of a viper and more of a vmax I guess :)

I've ridden the non-updated shocked 02 Viper. The 02 Viper does not ride good at speed through the rough at all. Way too stiff, even at 50+ on rough stuff (and I weigh in at 250 lbs).

My Viper S is smooth like butter, but there seems to be a total lack of rear suspension, especially when the trails get rough and you're trying to run 50+ to make it home at a reasonable time (or get close to home). This is what I am trying to address with the M10. I've played with the Pro Action a little, but I haven't gotten much more from it.

03VPG - Have you ridden the M10 in a Viper? Just curious what you are basin you op. on.

nope, but from the technical side of things, they dont offer anything the new oem skids dont. friend owns a dyno company and has a computer program that he was able to put the mono on and do some testing. nothing really different from the m-10 :) M-10 was big as it was coupled for the most part, and so are all the sleds out there now. have you ridden a properly adjusted mono? you feel nothing of stutters and holes. only shortcoming seems to be if you launch it good and come down hard. then the shock and spring is too soft, just like the m-10.

Last edited:
yeah, they really are. just that the mono has (imho) a nicer shock, and can be had for a lot cheaper. I really dont think much of the fox shocks on the M-10, and the price they get for ohlins...... the mono would be cheaper and shouyldnt rob you of top end and mileage

I have run totally shelled out trails at 70+ mph in total control trying to just get home after a long day of riding like you stated in a earlier post, so in that respect you'll be quite pleased.According to snow tech magazine the oem's are getting close to the m-10 in ride, but are not quite there. I tend to agree with them in the traditional ride position sleds, but the rev flat out rocks! That has more to do with rider positioning than suspension design as far as I'm concerned.Rev's aren't for everybody, but they are trick in there own right, well enough of my ramblings have fun with it all.

I almost forgot, I ordered a bender mono kit, but got tired of the run around and purchased the m-10 instead. I am still curious how that would have worked out, who knows?

Back