M10 Question

What is your skid of choice for trail riding (rough/smooth)?

• ProAction - Stock KYB shocks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ProAction - ReValved Shocks

• M12

• Poo Skid

• Cat Skid

• Doo Skid

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

if they were the same price, I would do the mono. but you can get it for a bit cheaper, and used m-10s seem to need some attention from what I have seen

Xsivhp, you are welcome and I am sure there are several of us on here who could help you with setup questions once its snow season.Hopefully the snow will come early and stay this year, the industry as a whole sure would benefit from it!

No doubt, snow would be great - but it's going to suck if gas prices keep going up the way they have!

thats the truth! and honestly, any aftermarket suspension would be an improvement over the stock rear skid, I was just saying my preference, which is by no means the final word :)

The mono suspension has had many more problems than the M10 and that is only in 3 years of use. Yamaha pulled it off the RTX because it is not a BIG BUMP suspension. With the M10 my Blue Viper is the best ride ever at speed and bumps.

Jim

Last edited:
only problems are that people buy the groomed trail sleds and try and jump them. they put the proactive under the rtx as it is a better BUMP suspension and that is what the sled is made for. all depends on your riding style

Bad wheels, no zerks, zerks that leek, cracked arms, bad welds, rust, bad shock/spring calibration, bent tunnels, rubbing track, bottoming out etc.

Jim

Those have been some of the problems with the Mono since introduction. While Yamaha has attempted to address some the skid still has questionable reliability/longevity IMHO. Great concept but needs some re-design.

Jim

the cracks, broken arms and bad welds can all be attributed to people riding hard on a suspension that is set up for trail riding. go beat ANY soft sprung sled and see what happens. the bent tunnels is irrelavant to the skid, other than again people riding a soft skid like it was the original viper. liek I said before, either one is a good skid, depends on what you want out of it. we ought to do a poll and see what people say, just for fun. and please dont think I am trying to argue, just doing some friendly opinion swapping. lets make sure it stays there ;) its what makes this site so great!!!

We should do a poll - what would it be?

M10

Expert

Stock

Stock w/ Ohlins

Poo Skid

Cat Skid

Doo Skid

How do you do a poll?

03viperguy said:
the cracks, broken arms and bad welds can all be attributed to people riding hard on a suspension that is set up for trail riding. go beat ANY soft sprung sled and see what happens. the bent tunnels is irrelavant to the skid, other than again people riding a soft skid like it was the original viper. liek I said before, either one is a good skid, depends on what you want out of it. we ought to do a poll and see what people say, just for fun. and please dont think I am trying to argue, just doing some friendly opinion swapping. lets make sure it stays there ;) its what makes this site so great!!!

I don't know of any sled or suspension that says for "groomed trail riding only". Than why was the RTX released with the MONO? Name any suspension other than the "No Action" that has had as many teething problems as the MONO. Two of the skids were bent by the same guy in Ontario on an RTX following his buddies on the same trails. The MONO could be a great skid but they have to quit putting bandaids into it and spend some time redesigning it as the rest of the sled is great.

Jim

Last edited:
they messed up putting the mono into the rtx. this year they did it right by using the proactive in the rtx and nytro. and as far as skid that has been problematic, what about the 98 and 99 formula z 670. now that thing sucked, doo knew it and stopped making it. the mono is a trail skid, thats why this year it is in the trail sleds and the torsion spring skid is in the bump sleds. how big is the guy that bent it? I know that the mono is sprung and valved for a 180 lb rider, so if he is bigger and riding it hard it would do it :) like I said earlier, I hope noone is taking this the wrong way and thinking I am saying the mono is the best skid ever and the M-10 sucks. and please dont take anything I say as argumentative, just swapping ideas and info :) when you start a new thread, you can click on add a poll and then add all the options. I would be pretty curious to hear other peoples views :)

we should make a new thread with the poll, so it gets seen by more people, and add the mono this time ;) lol!

Back