CB Performance Parts Belt Drive System!

Well, not all the material has been taken out of the housing and gears yet but how is this for good weight savings. I just weighed our aluminum drive axel with cogs on it compared to the stock steel one and here are the results. I didn't have a camera but next time I will remember to bring one. The stock one with cogs weighed 9.300 pounds on the button. The aluminum one with cogs weighed in at 4.018 pounds. There is 5.282 pounds right there. I have another post of my drilled rotor. The drilling of the rotor took out .56 pounds alone, combine that with a 2001-2002 srx or any viper rotor and it will put you at a pound of weight savings over stock. The belt is obviously weighed in onces and I would guess it is about 3 onces. The stock chain I belive is right around 2-3 pounds. We are hoping to get the gears to be equal in weight as the stock gears. Then once we machine down the housing to the belt drive, we can take even more weight out of that. Then we are going with a aluminum jackshaft that is gun drilled to take the weight out of it. The stock jack shaft is bout 4.5 pounds. Aluminum is about half the weight of steel so there is another 2 pounds. So, to sum it up, clearly I am still speculating besides the drive axel, but the drive axel is 5.25 pounds, the brake is 1 pound, the gears are equal in weight, the belt is 2 pounds lighter, housing should be a little less then the stock housing but lets just call it even. Then the jack shaft is another 2 pounds. We are at ten right there, and that is being conservative. Hope this helps

The reason everything is so overkill is so that the system can take the power, the other systems havent been successful in transferring this much HP so we are being on the safe side. Thanks

That belt drive looked slick.

I seen it at Grayslake in between rain storms. Did you ever see the sun over the weekend?

Okay guys, Today I did some of my own machining out on the lathe's and made some parts that are not complete yet but are extremely close. Shown below is the drive axel, cogs with alum hub, and jackshaft. All parts are made from high quality aluminum and we are throwing in some other ideas to keep the parts reliable as we do not want strength to be an issue with this kit. Let me know what you think. Thanks

Drive Axel, Jackshaft, and Cogs

Cogs and Hub

Cog with Aluminum Hub

Drive Axel

Jackshaft

like how you added the extra "meat" to keep the drivers on the shaft bruce. I was thinking you may have issues with them staying on the shaft

Back