Interest in Drop brackets!

2ooosrx

VIP Member
Website
www.cbperformanceparts.com
Okay guys, this seems to be a popular item right now and I was wondering who exactly is interested in these. These brackets do not require any modifying of the stock suspension and are bolt in kits to raise the rear end or your sled. We are going to be selling these for $85 plus shipping per pair. For those of you who are interested in these (please post), include what kind of extra length you are looking for. The ones we have done in the past were 3" to give to a reference. Lets hear what you guys think. Thanks

I am very interested, but like snowdust said, what are the pros and cons? I don't want it drastically higher, but 2-3 inches sounds about right.

Yes please provide your preference to height for these brackets. We have personally not run these in our sleds but hopefully Paul (Maxdlx) will chime in here and explain the pro's and con's to these brackets. Thanks

Last edited:
Well here's the pros
It gives you way more clearence in deep snow before the running boards hold you up
It moves snow much better between the track and tunnel
You can run long studs, with no worries of tunnel damage
It makes it way easier to get the sled to ride on its side, ie in deep snow
If you ditch ride, it makes the sled just a more agressive ride

The intermediates
On a sled with the stock sway bar I could see it being tippy, but rideable
on a sled set up for a 280 lb rider, and 180 lb rider driving, will say it is to tippy
I ran it with the CB medium bar, and had no problems with tippiness, my buddy rode it, thus the 180lb rider, and with a hi rise seat, he thought it was a little tippy, he is a very aggresive experienced rider too

The CONS
When you get stuck, you are in deep
People will say your sled looks goofy, until you out ride them in the deep powder
Lastly and probablly the worst is it raises your snow flap, and really pelts the guys behind you. I always tried to ride last, just to avoid any problems. I may try and make a longer flap.

Mine is on a 136 sled with a 144 extension, thus raising the flap even more. If you know how to set up and work with your suspension, it won't affect the handling of your sled at all.

one benifit of this set up is you don't alter your shaft or suspension at all, so you can put it back to stock very easy. If you have any more ? just ask. Maxdlx

It doesn't make the sled long travel, only long travel shocks can do that. this just makes it better for off trail ridding. Maxdlx

i am pretty interested in these brackets but how tippy would the sled get. i like a lil tippy but not when its really bad.

MAXDLX what if your run these without a sway bar? what would the handling be like then? I really want a set of these brackets and I really think you guys should make them.

Do you ride in the mountains or on the trail. I rode mine ditch riding with no sway bar and it rode fine, but I wouldn't want to try hi speed trail riding without a sway bar.

As for the tippiness ? is all depends on how you ride. if you ride aggresive, and can handle a normal sled that way this will be ok. if you get nervous riding aggresive anyways, this will seem tippy. Paul

ps I have nothing to do with the production, that is Bruce and Matt.

Heres another thought for you. Instead of raisng it 3 inches raise it 2, it will make a difference too. If memory serves me right 2 is about the least you can drop, because of the rail coolers. You will also need to be willing to lower your center mount 1/2 the distance of the rear. It is a very easy install, and the benifits are well worth it. Maxdlx

Thanks alot Paul for all of the help on explaining the benefits to this product. I think we are going to offer it in two lengths if it isn't to much of a problem. I am guessing we are going to offer it in the minimum height (somewhere around 2") and we will offer a 3" raise like what Paul has on his sled. This sounds like the two types of lengths that appear to be popular. Going more then 3" seems out of the question. Let me know how this sounds guys. Thanks

If I decide to go with a set, I would prefer the 2" range. I would think the 2" on a stock setup should be okay and would not change the handling much for trail riding.

i think i would choose 3". I like the way that maxdlx's viper sits and thats what im looking for.

Last edited:
I do a heck of a lot of ditch banging as well as trail riding....I haven't had too many issues with the stock set-up in the powder so I think I'd go for the 2" inchers.....the main thing I am concerned with at this point is that I want to just be able to install the drop brackets and not have to do any other modifications (other than adjusting spring preloads)

From the sounds of it, we are probably going to have 2 holes drilled into each bracket. One will be for 2" and the other for 3" so if you are unhappy with the 2" setup, you can go to the 3" setup with out buying separte brackets. The beauty behind these brackets are the fact that you don't need to change/modify anything with your suspension besides preload if necessary. Thanks

This sounds like a win-win situation to me....they sound to me like the Firecat suspension brackets...as they aslo give the option of different setups....

Back