Who else likes sno scoots

scootsrus

I have collected snoscoots for the last 5 years and think they are the coolest little sleds around. I just can't figure out why Yamaha does not make them anymore.

my friend still has one but it's a sno - sport - same as a sno scoot but it's 125cc instead of 80. was a very fun little machine, even for us full grown fatasses to rip around with.

How can you not like the sno scoots. They look like a blast to ride. Some day I will be able to buy one for my bratty kids.

I love mine...I mean my kids love theirs!!!lol

Attachments

• fromCD 077 (Medium).jpg
    fromCD 077 (Medium).jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 43
I saw one where a guy stripped down a sno scoot and painted it Yammie blue-looked great! I have sene afew on eBay. They always go for good $$ because no one can find them anymore.

I always thought that the sno scoot would be Yamaha's answer ot the Kitty Kat and now the 120 cc little person sleds. Not so much I guess?!

In 1998 when I bought my Venture my Yammie dealer still had 3 leftovers that he couldn't give away below cost. My son was only 4 at the time and if I knew how popular they would become in the last few years I'd have bought all 3 ! I'm not sure why but, I believe the concept was so far ahead of their time people shy'ed away ?

sandmanmike1 said:
Now I know why they are so hard to find. Any specific reason you have so many?

I just happened to get them at the right time for the right price. To me they are better than money in the bank and more fun :rofl:

How many do you have? Yamaha should make them again. I beleive there is more of a market for them now. I can't remember what they cost new. I do remember they were hard to come by when they came out. I wonder if they were designed to clear out there surplus of ATV parts.

shortstop20 said:
HOLY #$%&* !!!! That is a collection you've got there.

Better get busy, gotta have kids to ride all them Sno-Scoots. LOL :bump:

I only have two kids that are 4 and 6. The oldest will be ready to ride one this winter. I have friends over and we all have a blast racing around together.

sandmanmike1 said:
How many do you have? Yamaha should make them again. I beleive there is more of a market for them now. I can't remember what they cost new. I do remember they were hard to come by when they came out. I wonder if they were designed to clear out there surplus of ATV parts.

The motor came out of a Yamaha scooter and is bullet proof. They were around 1600.00 new. I think it might of been a liability issue as well as bad timing. I agree with you that YAM is missing the boat by not making these anymore. Just look how pit bikes are taking off. I could see this hapening with a sno scoot if they made them again. Adults can ride them as well as kids. My wife is not really into snowmobiles but she likes to ride her sno scoot with the kids. The phazer is a great entry sled but if they made the sno scoot again I think they would really give entry level snowmobiling new meaning ( I hope someone at The big Y reads this and the light bulb goes off) Family time is so important now that imagine if you could buy 4 new sno scoots for under 10k! Yamaha could market it as a family pack for $9999.99 There would be no R&D cost because the tooling is all there. It would be a way of introducing young families to the sport, building brand loyalty and helping a declining sled market.Just think of the fun and memories you could have not to mention what it would do for the sport. :rofl:

Last edited:
I think you hit it on the head-look at the (I think it is) Kawasaki dirt bike commercial with the entire family riding.

What a great idea- a 125cc or under machine that can be sold as a 2 or 4 pack for the family.

Big Y is missing the boat!

when I worked at a dealership they could not give them away, they were selling for $999 but but very slowly.

Tod

Back