Phazer II mods

Skidor

I just bought my first 2 phazer II's, a 97 Mtn light and a 93 480 ST.
What do you all know about modding these things? I've got 1 inch tracks on both. The 93 has a Aean pipe, and feels as though the clutch has a much better setup with a lot of power through midrange. It doesn't seem to want to idle though when I get above 7000 feet elevation.

I need to raise the handlebars, and maybe widen them if possible. Any aftermarket risers fit? How about wider handle bars?

I wouldn't mind seeing if a Venture hood will fit on it and deleting the windshield/headlight pod.

I raised my bars 3 in. but I don't recommend going higher than 2 in. unless you get a longer brake cable! It's a little taunt with 3 inches and will apply the brake with the bars turned all the way to the left.

phazer95 said:
I raised my bars 3 in. but I don't recommend going higher than 2 in. unless you get a longer brake cable! It's a little taunt with 3 inches and will apply the brake with the bars turned all the way to the left.

Did you get an aftermarket riser block or just cut and weld a length of tube onto the downshaft?

I used a powermadd riser block on top of the fairing mount then took another fairing mount and cut of the ears off and mounted the handlebars from there.

Do a search as this topic was raised not too long ago:

Aaen pipe, clutch and port work-1.25 ripsaw with drop brackets for the rear skid. If the 93 is not long-tracked already-go ahead with that mod. Also, widening kits are available.

..SNAKEBIT.. said:
I know the 1993 Exciter SX had wider bars but dont know if they would fit?[/QUOTE

Do you have one? Could you measure the bars end to end?
I know that the Phazer II bars were about an inch wider than the Phazer I.

Back