need help choosing a mountain sled!!

Mountain sled

Here's my 2 dents.

If you really want a mountain sled, go with the 2" or longer paddle. Don't run it on trails with marginal snow. IMHO, anything less doesn't cut it. My longtracked 1-1/4" SXr sucks in the really deep stuff. However, if your going to trail ride it or use it mostly in less-than-desirable snow conditions, the above posts are correct. You'll be breaking lugs. On my 162" x 2 1/2" has been fine and I have not broken or lost any lugs. But I'm using it for what it is intended for, boondocking and deep powder riding. If your going to be doing both styles of riding, you should consider a crossover type sled. ( 144 x 1-1/4").

I'm into it enough that I have a sled for any type of riding. A Viper for trails, a V-Max 4 for the lakes, The longtracked SXr for crossover, and the M-7 for deep powder riding. And I think you asked me if the M -7 has reverse. It does not. The newer M-8's do. The M-7 goes anywhere I want it to, but sucks on the trails. The SXr 144" is good on the trails, but sucks in the deep. There's always going to be a trade off somewhere.

Now that your totally confused and back to square one......... :rofl:

well thats what i was looking for a 144" track
i was at the dealer and he had a m7 144" with a 2 inch track and a mtn phazer with a 2 inch track, but lets say if a track only lasts me 2 seasons and i have to change it thats no problem with me. i just dont want the paddles all breaking within 2 weeks
thanks for the help guys

Back