Thermostat Assembly

Diceman

Thermostat Assembly Help Daman..LOL

Hey guys...anyone local to New Hamburg have a used thermostat assembly for sale ? All I need is the clip that snaps into the plug that is on the head....I was thinking that I can just solder the wires together..I would need the clip to have the wires connected....Lokked on the parts chart but can only find the plug that is in the head, not the clip that snaps on it...Thanks Diceman

Last edited:

Hope you read this Damon...lol..went to a dealer and they can not find this part on the parts list..is anyone familiar with this part ?? the sensor ( that is what I am calling it ) screws into the head....then a clip that has 2 wires going to it snaps over the sensor..the 2 wires go into a very large wire harness...someone said it might be a aftermarket one but I doubt it...i found on the parts catoluge the thermostat or sensor in the head but no clip or wires though...Thanks Diceman

I think your in need of that part of the wiring harness. The plug is not available on it's own. Your best bet would be find someone parting out a sled. I would bet most of the plugs are the same as long as the sensor is the same. You can splice the new plug onto your wiring.

FuzzButt said:
Your best bet would be find someone parting out a sled. I would bet most of the plugs are the same as long as the sensor is the same. You can splice the new plug onto your wiring.
^^I agree,,somone should have a parts sled Dice.

they would probly send it to ya free..

Took clip to an electrical place and they re-wired it for me...question though, when I start my sled should the water temp light come on for a second to show me it is working? Guys here tell me no, it does not come on when you start the sled....noticed that the oil light does not come on either...My sled is a 98 VMAX XTC 700 Thanksd again...Diceman

Sure does come on at start up,,it's telling you the CDI is working right,
should blink 3 times or stay solid for a second or two then go out.

daman said:
Sure does come on at start up,,it's telling you the CDI is working right,
should blink 3 times or stay solid for a second or two then go out.
you on speed dial Damon, fast reply..lol...crap Daman , how are you going to fix this problem for me?? The water temp light or oil light comes on or flashes at start up..what now...Diceman

PS- Hope maybe it is the bulbs ..lol

daman said:
Try bulb first, don't think there's a fuse...

<reaching for the manual>
Thanks Damon...to change those bulbs to you have to take the whole instrument console off including the windshield or does the front of the console snap off...Diceman

Diceman said:
I saw one for the headlight but thats it..I will look again..PS..what the hell is a gromet???
small rubber sleeve that houses the bulb and socket, look on the back
of your speedo and tach..

daman said:
small rubber sleeve that houses the bulb and socket, look on the back
of your speedo and tach..
there is one for the speedo but that is it....the oil light and water temp light would each have their own bulb right ??

daman said:
Try bulb first, don't think there's a fuse...

<reaching for the manual>
Hey Man..well all the bulbs are working, I found them...so bulbs are not my problem...what now, I am afraid to ask...lol...Diceman

FuzzButt said:
I think your in need of that part of the wiring harness. The plug is not available on it's own. Your best bet would be find someone parting out a sled. I would bet most of the plugs are the same as long as the sensor is the same. You can splice the new plug onto your wiring.

though it has been remedied, a thermosensor coupler kit can be purchased at yamaha dealers. if the parts guy doesn't know of it, ask a tech, they use them often.

Back