More Ford diesel engine problems....LOL!!!

If it was me it be a 7.3L or MY only other option 24V CUMMINGS!!!!!!!But for you guys blaming "FORD" for the problems need to realize FORD doesnt MAKE any of these diesel engines that go in ANY of there trucks its INTERNATIONAL that builds the motors for Ford and they just install them. And Ford has been TRYING to go after INTERNATIONAL about all these recalls and are in the process of making INTERNATIONAL pay for all the recall issues. Now if you wanna talk about FORD BUILT "TRUCK" ENGINES (GAS) 4.9L I6, 302 V8, 351 V8, 460 V8, 4.6L V8, 5.4L V8, 6.8L V10. ALL motors that "FORD" have had VERY little recalls on and can easily make the 150,000-200,000mile mark if owned by a person that actually keeps up on the MAINTENCE end.

But I'm sure SOMEONE on here is gunna argue my take on all of this, so this will be my ONLY post on this thread.

Last edited:

well that really sucks because i was just about ready to buy a 08 6.4 ford crew cab duallie. damn i liked the looks of them too

ExpertXViper said:
If it was me it be a 7.3L or MY only other option 24V CUMMINGS!!!!!!!But for you guys blaming "FORD" for the problems need to realize FORD doesnt MAKE any of these diesel engines that go in ANY of there trucks its INTERNATIONAL that builds the motors for Ford and they just install them. And Ford has been TRYING to go after INTERNATIONAL about all these recalls and are in the process of making INTERNATIONAL pay for all the recall issues. Now if you wanna talk about FORD BUILT "TRUCK" ENGINES (GAS) 4.9L I6, 302 V8, 351 V8, 460 V8, 4.6L V8, 5.4L V8, 6.8L V10. ALL motors that "FORD" have had VERY little recalls on and can easily make the 150,000-200,000mile mark if owned by a person that actually keeps up on the MAINTENCE end.

But I'm sure SOMEONE on here is gunna argue my take on all of this, so this will be my ONLY post on this thread.

Whats the difference if its Ford or NAVISTAR, still leaves U with an unreliable truck, and $hity resale.

I'm happy with Ford. I have a 94 F150 that has over 320,000 miles with the original motor (300 straight 6) and original tranny. I keep up on the oil changes every three 3,000 (full synthetic) and tranny filters every 12,000. My dad was the original owner. I like all the brands, but with this truck going that far, I gotta give credit where credit is due.

So what? A couple trucks shot a flame out the tailpipe.

Just last week a buddy of mine got to shell out $4500 to get his Allison tranny rebuilt, and I've heard of more than a couple Dmax motors in my area going down.

I guess you have to choose between flames out the tailpipe or a thinly-built half ton truck with 2500 badges and a diesel motor.

Ford has been the #1 truck seller for 30 years running and theres a good reason for it.

Master of Faster said:
Ford has been the #1 truck seller for 30 years running and theres a good reason for it.

It's all in how you spin the propaganda, if you added the GMC sales to what CHEVY sells FORD would not be able to claim that title, but hey who cares as long as you support our failing auto industry it's all good with me.

VenomMod said:
I'm happy with Ford. I have a 94 F150 that has over 320,000 miles with the original motor (300 straight 6) and original tranny. I keep up on the oil changes every three 3,000 (full synthetic) and tranny filters every 12,000. My dad was the original owner. I like all the brands, but with this truck going that far, I gotta give credit where credit is due.

That straight 6 was a great engine, can't beat an inline six in terms of reliability in my mind...

that motor doesnt sound right lol! and thats a big damn flame man!!! so whats the problem with the old 6L??

03viperguy said:
that motor doesnt sound right lol! and thats a big damn flame man!!! so whats the problem with the old 6L??

Heres a link about the recalls on the 32v 6.0L:
http://fleetowner.com/news/ford_recall_diesel_engine_super_duty_van_070605/

The flame throwing on the 6.4L Diesel is caused by the turbo seals blowing, which fuel gets into the exhaust stream causing the flames out the exhaust.

And for all you FORD bashers out there, you can talk all ya want. I own a 97 F-150 4x4 with a 4.6L that just hit 116,000 miles which is running strong as ever. With absolutely no issues since I purchased it, besides REGULAR MAINTENCE. And I'll drive it till its dead cause thats the way I think of getting my moneys worth. But if Ford builds such unreliable engines then why are they widely use In POLICE cars, TAXI's, LIMOS's, AMBULANCE's, ETC if they are so called unreliable??????? Cause if ya havent noticed most police and taxis are Crown Vics which is powered by a 4.6L V8. Limos are normally Lincoln Town Car again powered by a 4.6L V8. Ambulances are normally a E-350/E-450 powered by a "FORD" aka International 7.3L Powerstroke. If the GOVERNMENT didnt have CONFINDENCE in FORD then why would they use them to save LIVES??? But all this trash talk reminds me of one thing, SNOWMOBILE trash talk. Im not one to trash talk any company, cause they ALL have there ups and downs. If you want me to pull up some BS on GM or Chysler, Ill be glad to but you still wont find me talking trash cause NO auto company is PERFECT. And not to forget, BLAME Internationals engineering for the 6.0L and 6.4L recalls/issues there the ones that built the engines NOT FORD.

Last edited:
daman said:
it was posted for people that were going to buy this truck,to let them
know..

Yea my comments above werent towards you Daman, I know you were just looking out for TY members. MY post above were for some fellow TYers that were bashing Ford cause theyre DIE HARD GM or Chrysler guys that think "THIER" brand of choice have NEVER had recalls or issues.

Last edited:
No problem....

I guess i'm a little guilty too, but it was posted for info purposes,
i'ts just funny with the flames and all, all builders have there problems
so i guess we need to take the good with the bad in all....:)

I WISH I COULD GET YOUTUBE TO WORK!!!!! Putfile works just fine.... I've re-installed Internet explorer, enabled javascript... enabled everything for that matter, installed the newest version of flash player and it still doesn't work for me... I guess i'll just have to watch 03viperguys's video all night! lol

Last edited:
daman said:
I guess i'm a little guilty too, but it was posted for info purposes,
i'ts just funny with the flames and all, all builders have there problems
so i guess we need to take the good with the bad in all....:)

I think the flames are sweet and if they didnt lead to long term effects and extra $$$$ for fuel I'd keep it that way. But thats not the case when your turbo'S have leaks and your burning fuel that isnt used to move your heavy a$$ truck...... Could get a bit pricey after a while. Ill admit I'm a Ford guy through and through, but I personally HATE the LOOKS of the new F-250/F350's. And these engines problems arent doing FORD any justice even though the engine problems arent thier fault. So I say again IF I ever go diesel Ill either have to find a low mile 7.3L(Highly Unlikely) or she'll say CUMMINGS on the side of it. Cause I like what Ive read and I like where theyre built........ USA

Last edited:
ExpertXViper said:
I think the flames are sweet and if they didnt lead to long term effects and extra $$$$ for fuel I'd keep it that way. But thats not the case when your turbo'S have leaks and your burning fuel that isnt used to move your heavy a$$ truck...... Could get a bit pricey after a while. Ill admit I'm a Ford guy through and through, but I personally HATE the LOOKS of the new F-250/F350's. And these engines problems arent doing FORD any justice, so I'll say again IF I ever go diesel my truck will have CUMMINGS on the side of it. Cause I like what Ive read and I like where theyre built........ USA
Yup, cummings is a great motor

Back