CrazySledders Custom Attak (Testing Begins)

Ya that lake.....ya thats not to far from me at all? When can I park and lauch? At the Culvers there or the gas station?? And what day were you thinking???

Coles_55 said:
Ya that lake.....ya thats not to far from me at all? When can I park and lauch? At the Culvers there or the gas station?? And what day were you thinking???

Thinking Saturday. You can park here at my place if you want. Then we head out from here and across the back bay of the lake. ( It's only 2 ft deep if that ) I'm thinking around 12 or 1pm maybe? Not sure. I haven't gotten wit these other Yahoos just yet.

Shoot me a PM and we'll work out the details.....

-1CS

Will do, I should be free this Saturday. I was going to go to the Warhawk football game but cannot pass up some lake fun!

Test Day 1:

Well, first off let me just say that this sled does what it's suppose to. You give her gas, she goes. unfortunately, so does the fuel. My first fuel settings used I went through almost a whole tank of 93 octane fuel in just under 50 miles.

I wasn't really on it at first, and noticed the fuel consumption wasn't that bad. On the return trip, I opened it up more as I was in the 9,500-10,100RPM range ALLOT. That right there hurt, I'm sure. I am a bit rich in certain areas, so I'll lean them out more. I set things a bit richer than usual because of the Hauck Headers and pipe. (These really sound great btw.) I may need to work on my BOV adjustments more. I only heard it open to discharge air at higher boost readings. I had to be upwards of 5lbs before it would release air upon closing the butterfly's. This can't be right either. All of my settings were pretty much Shop settings. Guessing a general setting.

The Camoplast Crossover track I'm running hooks fairly well. I spun the track allot as I am not running studs. For not having all that metal in the track to assist, I think the 144 track hooked just fine.

I also need to do more suspension testing. My re-valved shocks on my Expert made that skid absolutely great. I thought it was great before, now it is perfect. It takes all the smaller bumps and makes them go away. I was only able to hit a couple bigger bumps, and it took them just as well. Before, I had to choose one or the other. Very nice job by the guys at Excell.

Another member rode with us yesterday, ( IFlyem ) He'll tell ya DO NOT FOLLOW ME TO CLOSELY. He was telling us that he was sprayed pretty good. lmao. That power I now have really spins that 144x1.5" track. It surely doesn't take allot of throttle to do it either. even at take off, it spins the crap out of the track. I may have to think about studs or gearing up. I have a 24 tooth top gear I may put in it. I also have a 25 top gear. I would rather not run studs if I can get away from it.

Handling, well.....it's a handfull. lol I'll need 1 or 2 more rides to get used to the feel of this beast. Those C@A XT's are huge, man. Their tri-keel bottoms really do the job. My sled was really stable at higher speeds. No issues at all. Getting that 144 around corners is what I'm really trying to get a handle on. The bright side is I have no studs, so I'm just spinning though the corners now. I want to be able to try it different, as I don't want to tear up the trail behind me. This is what causes banks in the corners with icy bottoms. Make them corners dangerous for other sledders.

T.O.R.S, What a pain in the rear. This keeps getting activated on me. I will bypass today. I though that MPI had upgraded the box with this issue. I will check my throttle cable first. If it's within specs, I'm bypassing this. It inconveniently activated on me a couple of times yesterday. That has to go. lol

All, in all....I'm very happy with my first ride with my creation. More adjustments are for are for sure needed. This is my first boosted experience, so I have a long way to o on my research path. You can read all the info you want before you have a S/C or T/C, but seems to be different when you ACTUALLY have a boosted sled.

I'm hoping all that have been through this chimes in on their experiences as I can use any pointers at all. lmao.

Well, enough writing for today. Gotta do some stuff here, then I'm off to for more riding. WooHoo.

1CS

Attachments

• Season 07-08 001.jpg
    Season 07-08 001.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Season 07-08 002.jpg
    Season 07-08 002.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Back