Welders flash?

ive had it a few times they itch bad and you can not look into light it makes it worse. they are very teary also. but potato skins help if you put them over your eye also the doctor will prescribe some eye drops for it. they worked well also. i don't know if it's bad to have contacts in while welding but i have always wore mine.

Depends on the angle, focus, lots of neat little stuff. Welder for 35 years, had my share, aluminum is BAD!!! Not fun. G.

Well I see everyone has has it but me. Anyone know why some people get it really easy and others can "basically" look at someone weld and have no problem?

O man that sand under the eyes lids in the middle of the night feeling.You try to go to work and the glare from the sun will drive you crazy without sun glasses.Not fun at all.

nosboy said:
what is it????? I've been welding for 17 and I never heard of it?????
nosboy if u been weldin for 17 years and never heard of it.......well u must be blind and maybe deaf....u got it just don't know hahahaha......i hope i never get it....i've flashed the heck out of myself but hasn't happened yet.....always something to look forward too

I had galvanized poisoning one time and I wanted to die. The thing that sucked is I had no idea what the hell was wrong until the next day. I just felt extremely ill and had to walk off the job and go outside to get some fresh air, then ended up going home for the day. The next day I found out that the morons that were working next to me were welding galvanized steel and had fans blowing right at me because it was so hot in the shop. Their exhaust vents weren't doing anything since they had those huge fans going. :whine:

Back