Fitch Fuel Catalyst: Fact or Fiction???

without DAZZLING you with brilliance OR baffling you with BS,,,, (ive been thinking about this ALL DAY at work) HERE GOES!!!!a SACRIFICIAL ANODE (fitch) will ALTER (for lack of a better word) the molecular composition of the O2 Molecule thus resulting in the fuel ACTING differently.... let me explain about FUEL PROPERTIES and ADDITIVE packages for you to BETTER UNDERSTAND what I am trying to portray,,,,,,, FIRST,,,,, LIQUIDS DO NOT BURN!!!!!! Understanding that is MONUMENTAL in trying to understand why fuel does what it does..... In the SUMMERTIME the fuel WILL NOT vaporize below..lets say 77 degrees.. (ONLY FOR EXAMPLE).. in the wintertime,,, if you use SUMMER FUEL,,, your sled will FLOOD OUT and you will have a VERY HARD TIME to start it because the SUMMER FUEL RESISTS VAPORIZATION... Thats why summer fuel RESISTS VAPOR LOCK in the fuel line (turns into an "air pocket and will not pump") Considering that you use WINTER BLENDED FUEL in the wintertime.. the "vaporization point is around 32 BELOW ZERO.. if it is COLDER THAN 32 below zero,, your sled will just FLOOD OUT and will NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS START because the fuel will NOT VAPORIZE/ATOMIZE>>>>>WHATEVER YOU WANT TO REFER TO IT AS!!!!! Heres what FITCH DOES... Without getting into the schoolbooks it ALTERS THE OXYGEN MOLECULE and resists VAPORIZATION.. Resisting vaporization actually SLOWS DOWN the BURN and the slower burn APPEARS to raise the octane.. If you have ever read some of my benzene posts and some of my OCTANE posts you MAYBE would remember what benzene and MEK (methyl ethyl ketone) does to the "OCTANE RATING" If you read other posts you would MAYBE remember what RAISING OCTANE through DIFFERENT METHODS created???????? I talked about ADDING OXYGENATES to fuel to achieve different results.. REMEMBER OCTANE is the fuels ability to RESIST DETONATION... The ABILITY can be ALTERED through a BUNCH of different ways... REMEMBER the word ABILITY........ I saw a product by the makers of STABIL that advertised that it KEEPS the ALCOHOLS from destroying your fuel system????????? A SYNTHETIC EMMOLIENT package that absolutely LOVES buna/n/ RUBBER!!!! More will be revealed once I try and FIGURE this stuff out????? ( MAYBE BRAKE FLUID?????)

Last edited:

yammiman said:
.....with the ethanol fuel going sour so fast I figure it cant hurt....

You aren't reading the thread close enough, they are ineffective on the negative characteristics of ethanol!!

I thought that it wouldnt work for long term storage... I have seen the new fuel go bad in a week, NO LIE! friends bike and my wifes both barely started after about a week and a half of sitting! my wifes needs the carb cleaned now :( maybe I read it when I was tired.....

If you are interested in LONG TERM STORAGE,, Disconnect the fuel line from the tank and stick it in a quart of AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION FLUID!!!!! Start the sled and it will start to suck the quart DRY.... Eventually, the ATF will get into the carbs and start to FLOOD the engine with ATF!!! it will SMOKE PROFUSELY before it dies out.... the ATF will store and FOG the motor for almost a LIFETIME if you intend to store for a LIFETIME!!! the ATF will soften ALL CARBON deposits and keep your POWERVALVED MONSTER SPARKLING CLEAN!!!! Your carbs will KEEP FOREVER and be as clean as BRAND NEW!!!

03viperguy said:
I thought that it wouldnt work for long term storage... I have seen the new fuel go bad in a week, NO LIE! friends bike and my wifes both barely started after about a week and a half of sitting! my wifes needs the carb cleaned now :( maybe I read it when I was tired.....

Gas won't go bad in a week in a closed container. You are probably getting water in it. It will start and babble and just run like crap. It depends on the bike and were you are parking it. I had a CBX, (6 cylinder Honda) and I had to drain the carbs almost every time I drove it. It would retain so much heat after shutting it off that it would draw water into the carbs bad. Only took moments to drain them but worth it.

I dunno man, even my honda dealer is telling everyone to drain the carbs if the bike will sit more than a week. Honda told them to tell costomers to do so as Honda has been seeing a lot of problems with the new ethanol gas. the gas smelled like it was years old after about a month too. dark yellow and had that real sharp smell like you see in vintage sleds with vintage gas. just passing on what I have heard and seen firsthand. and the tanks are all vented, so never really in a sealed container, maybe thats the reason too.

The shelf life of today's fuel is about 30 days and then it starts to deteriorate. This has been expressed to me by very smart people who I have come to respect and I've seen it with my own eyes.

I've also witnessed the performance of the Fitch Fuel catalyst and I was really impressed. Fuel left over the summer remained fresh and I have noticed that my sled does not smoke nearly as much as when I didn't use the Fitch.

I plan on buying them for my second sled and their other versions for all of my yard and garden engines (lawnmowers, weedwacker etc.).

MAYBE the Fitch people don't want us to know how it actually works so they can protect their business. If I was them I'd want to do the same thing.

Since no one has come up with a scientific reason as to why the Fitch claims are impossible, let's end this thread and go sledding. If anything we should be working on a "snow catalyst".

I agree with the snow catalyst, we had great snow here in NH up untill about a week ago. I am inside with my nose on the window watching it rain today :( I actually took the bike out a few days back lol!!

i love garys posts.

great idea on the long term storage.

friends father used to keep a 5gallon pail of trans fluid in the shop for cleaning his hands when they were gunked up.

gary, I have not seen anyone who doesn't sell this product do a real test on fuel consumption or power. What have you found?

I really could care less about fuel consumption OR power.. It's a TRAIL SLED!!!! I have spent countless hours trying to BEAT the "joneses" and I've found out that it takes a special type of guy to THRIVE and WIN all the time.. I am just HAPPY to have PLAYED and NOT too interested in WINNING all the time... i guess I've grown out of the competetiveness?

Seems the older you get, the easier it is to let someone else spend hours squeaking out the last bit of performance... priorities.

I've been in automotive fuel systems for 10 years. My spring fuel preventative maintenance is as follows...

Warm things up, Spray the rotating track and everything else with Amsoil metal protector

Drain fuel from tank and use it for the lawn tractor.

Restart and let the sled run out of fuel using the choke to suck the last bit from the bowls.

Fog the cylinders, loosen the track, pull the belt, put the sled on the stand, pull the shocks for o-haul and cover.

Just before the new season I fill with fresh winter-blend Amoco 93.

I used to pull the carbs every season only to find them spotless. I'll pull them every other season just for grins.

IMHO, fresh same season fuel for the first ride is very important and using last year's fuel is the cause of many detonation burn downs regardless of any fuel treatment.

Your mileage may very

I use a CASE (12 cans) of SPRAY SILICONE EVERY SEASON.. I usually pressure wash the sleds in October then let them dry and BLOWDRY them with an air hose... then spray them down with about 5 or 6 cans of spray silicone MAKING SURE not to spray the handlebars or the seat!!!! Seems to work WELL!!!

The neighbor used to use armor all on his seat until he had his ZRT slip out from under him (no tether) and end up in the catails. Took us an hour and a machete to cut it out. He found that he didn't have to grip the bars as tight when his a$$ stuck to the seat minus the armor all. I can still see him sitting at the start line watching his sled hit a four inch round log causing it to fly into the catails for affect.

i LIKED THE WAY THE SEAT LOOKED WITH ARMOR ALL (WHEN i WAS 16 YEARS OLD) BUT SOON FOUND OUT THAT IT DIDN'T WORK OUT TOO WELL!!!!

mothers back to black will give the shine without the slip.. And my leathers stick to the seat pretty well anyways :)

Gary..I also run the Fitch products in every gas operated motor that is on my property.I can say that everything starts quicker from a layover.I have a Fitch cannister installed in my Ford,my gas mileage has increased dramatically from 12 mpg to about 16mpg during the winter riding.I kept a log and it did show an increase.Engine starts on a dime,engine barely turns over and it fires up instantly.I also have the Fitch in all 3 sleds,tractor,weed eater,snowblower,rotor tiller,irrigation pump,motor cycle.My carbs are clean on the sleds always..but I stilll go thru a cleaning process anyways.I have no complaints with the Fitch Products. ;)!

Back