Fitch Fuel Catalyst: Fact or Fiction???

I haven't seen advertisement lately.. I like Fitch Stuff!!!! I like the theory behind it.. SIMPLE,,, yet VALUABLE!!!!!

There were a couple people who had it at the Novi show. I should have gotten another drop in. I used them in my 96 and it did make a difference.

Gary, you mentioned marine sacrificial anodes, we have three different versions, Salt water=Zinc, brackesh water=Aluminum, Fresh water=Magnesium. I am guessing you were refering to the magnesium anodes. They are the most expensive. I have many anodes left on the shelf, which do you recomend?

nosboy said:
You're right AL...... DOn't give it away!!!
How about the guy that came up with the "ALUMINIUM" really didn't pay too much attention in CHEMICAL ENGINEERING SCHOOL!!! How about some MAGNESIUM,,,, some ZINC,,,, and some LEAD??????? How about a small piece of EACH.. Lets say 1/2 of a shotglass full or a CUBIC INCH for those who aren't BOOZERS.... The only thing the ALUMINIUM will accomplish is making a MESS when the ALCOHOL seperates the WATER from the FUEL and you get "PHASE SEPERATION" ( who the HElL came up with that "phase seperation nonsense? " ) WHen was it EVER A PHASE to begin with I would like to know???????? Growing up in CHICAGO was a PHASE!!!!

I drain my gas over the summer. no need to worry about it then. drain it and dump it into the truck

Fitch works great.My small gas motors in all my yard equipment start up really fast after sitting all winter.I have a 5.5 HP motor on my Yard Vacuum System.1 pull and she was running..great!!!
I have Fitch in everything that has a gas engine attached.

sleddineinar said:
I do that too...

X3 - syphon dry after running the sled a good long while to dry it out after washing off any salt (from trailering open) and spraying everything with silicone/Amsoil MP. I then add a bit of pre-mix to the tank and run the sled out of fuel and hit the carb inlets with fogging oil as it's running out using the choke to suck the bowls dry.

I just did this last weekend and had added a bit too much premix and had to run the sled 5-6 times both Saturday and Sunday before it finally ran dry. Sheesh!

Loosen the track, grease the zerks, pull the shocks, pull the belt, spray the clutches, install/plug the air box and exhaust, put on the stand and cover 'er up.

Never had a need for Fitch or perhaps didn't know I needed it ;>)

FITCH!!!!!!!!! WTF............

I put three chuncks of metal in my tank..... and parked my sled inside the cover filled with automatic transmission fluid..... ran it till it died!!! (and holly crap nosboy your right it smoked like crazy!!!!)

I just got done cleaning it then coating everything with silicone..... now I cant seem to get a good enough grip on the pull thingy to start it......

.......hmmmmm...... did I use the wrong metal??? will the ethenol make my sled start hard????

interested to see what everyone has to say!!!

is it just a little box with Mag, zinc, lead in it????

I've personally never heard of or seen this "fitch fuel catalyst"...... they will probably try to sell me one at Novi Snowshow huh???

had to make a funny after reading this whole thing though!!!!

Last edited:
I topped my tank off at the end of last season with fresh premium and put in Marine Stabil, fogged the carbs and put it away in an enclosed trailer....last month I took the carbs apart to change jetting and clean them, and I found a little jellyfish in each bowl! Phase separation? Couldn't have been much, if any condensation in the tank anyways with it filled to the brim, but the bowls must have had some moisture in them?

Millinocket Rocket said:
I topped my tank off at the end of last season with fresh premium and put in Marine Stabil, fogged the carbs and put it away in an enclosed trailer....last month I took the carbs apart to change jetting and clean them, and I found a little jellyfish in each bowl! Phase separation? Couldn't have been much, if any condensation in the tank anyways with it filled to the brim, but the bowls must have had some moisture in them?

Maybe the jellyfish (good description) started forming last year and have been there all along. I'm sure you had some vapor generation going on over the summer and since the bowls are vented to atmosphere you also had natural vacuum drawing in moisture.

Another example for season's end draining and using fresh in season fuel.

Makes sense, but as far as draining the tank goes, what happens to the little bit of fuel that doesn't get removed from the tank? I would think it would dry up into something undesirable....

thstorms said:
FITCH!!!!!!!!! WTF............

I put three chuncks of metal in my tank..... and parked my sled inside the cover filled with automatic transmission fluid..... ran it till it died!!! (and holly crap nosboy your right it smoked like crazy!!!!)

I just got done cleaning it then coating everything with silicone..... now I cant seem to get a good enough grip on the pull thingy to start it......

.......hmmmmm...... did I use the wrong metal??? will the ethenol make my sled start hard????
Most people cannot comprehend all that !!! At least you pay attention !!! Use Trichlorethylene ( brake cleaner) on the pull thingy to GET A BETTER GRIP and START PULLING AWAY !!!

Back