• wottest1a.jpg
    wottest1a.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 3
  • wottest1b.jpg
    wottest1b.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Main test #2 at WOT for 4500'

I'm a little concerned with the dark patches on the two right ones? Is that aluminium?

Attachments

• wottest2a.jpg
    wottest2a.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 7
  • wottest2b.jpg
    wottest2b.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 6
  • wottest2c.jpg
    wottest2c.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Also did some clutch testing tonight. Added a bunch of weight since my initial setup. Without getting into exact weights originally it engaged at 4400, jumped to 8900 and climbed to 9100. Added a lot more weight to heel and tip, engagement dropped to 4000, jumped to 8800, then climbed to 9100. Added a little more weight to the heel and tip, engagement dropped to 3800, jumps to 8700, then still climbs to 9000. Seems to want to pull a lot of tip weight???

Anyway, I'm OK with the engagement at 3800, but should I add more? It doesn't bog. Or should I just add the extra weight to the tip? I'd like to get the top end down to 8900 as it gets to 9000 way too easily. Although the SLP pipes run OK at 9000, the last couple of time I've added weight to the tip it hasn't changed the RPMs much. Guess I keep adding until it can't pull it? FYI - Secondary is Advantedge 48/34 with green @ 60.

Clutch temps are not too high now. Not a cold as last year, but I can almost leave my hand on them after 5 hard pulls.

Last edited:
I added some to my SXR and I tell ya you can feel the power now. Those LED made all the diffference on my sled as well. Those are GO FAST parts.

Guess it's time for another update. Did a radar run with the machine on Feb 24th. Temps were little high, so speeds were way down. My best of the day was 114.3MPH.

I've also managed to put a few trail miles on the pipes now and I can honestly say I'm getting about 7mpg. Its still really rich on the low end, especially on warm days, so I guess I will continue to lean that out a little at a time and see if I can get this number up a little.

Sled is now sold... never posted my piped clutching setup. Figure someone else might be able to use it now.

Gearing: 23/38
Heel Clickers: red spring, 6.3 in the heel, empty middle, 4.0 tip, 15.6 rollers
Secondary: 48/34, green spring at 60*

Worked great with the SLP pipes!

Last edited:

Back