Time to pipe this puppy

Small mark on the left side of the PTO piston. Couldn't feel a groove or anything. Cylinder didn't look too bad either. Do these look OK to you guys?

Attachments

• P1010293.jpg
    P1010293.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 21
  • P1010295.jpg
    P1010295.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 20

Is there supposed to be exhaust on the bottom of the cylinder like this?

Attachments

• P1010294.jpg
    P1010294.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 24
YamerDown said:
Small mark on the left side of the PTO piston. Couldn't feel a groove or anything. Cylinder didn't look too bad either. Do these look OK to you guys?
If there's no mark to catch your finger nail should be ok, buff 'em up with some emery cloth, but i'm wondering if your pistons are outa spec from what i'm seeing, do make sure you mic 'em out for wear limits.

And finally the tedious task of cleaning those power valves #$%&*

Attachments

• P1010298.jpg
    P1010298.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 22
Special thanks to Chris (SNOW's Dad) for his efforts in this next photo. Took all the studs out of the old track stock and threw them in the new 1" Predator I got from Rich. :wel:

Attachments

• P1010299.jpg
    P1010299.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 18
Wow, what a long night. Time for bed, it was 2am, lol.

Hey, who can count the number of motor vehicles in the basement? Make sure you look really closely now!

Attachments

• P1010300.jpg
    P1010300.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
daman said:
If there's no mark to catch your finger nail should be ok, buff 'em up with some emery cloth, but i'm wondering if your pistons are outa spec from what i'm seeing, do make sure you mic 'em out for wear limits.
Unfortunately we couldn't, forgot the dam tool at home.

Next morning SNOWRULES had the itch bad and couldn't resist, lol. :yam:
Crazy #$%&*

Attachments

• P1010301.jpg
    P1010301.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 19
  • P1010302.jpg
    P1010302.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 18
Back at her, threw the track and skid back in after putting the oversized wheels on, checking the W arm, fixing up some bushings and changing a bunch of bearings.

Attachments

• P1010305.jpg
    P1010305.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 14
Then it was time to drop the motor back in. Here's SNOWRULES using his special alignment tool, lol. ;):D

Attachments

• P1010304.jpg
    P1010304.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 73
Filled up the coolant and took it out side to fire it up! Photo actually from next moring, too tired, happy and drunk to take pictures at that point, lol.

Attachments

• P1010308.jpg
    P1010308.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 76
  • P1010309.jpg
    P1010309.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 25
That's all for now, but it's not quite done yet. Still have some foam to remove and some reflective tape to apply. Also going to be installing a water temp gauge, taller gears and some LEDs. Then out to the lake to get it clutched to use these pipes to their fullest. Pipes sounds great and the track hooks like crazy. Can't wait to get some miles on this thing.

:winterrul

Last edited:
ewww budweiser.... might aswell use them all for anything but drinkin!!! lol just teasing. You got that thing done awfully quick... wish I had the same ambition so I could be out and riding now. I should have mine ready by the weekend hopefully... or at least running, it won't be painted until next weekend for sure. The pipes are nice! Hope they treat you good this year.

change_up said:
ewww budweiser.... might aswell use them all for anything but drinkin!!!
lol. When your at someone else's house, you drink what they got.
After all the best beer in the world is FREE BEER! ;):D

WOW, you and snowrules rules got a lot of work done this weekend, good job Boys. I see Snowrules and i have something in common ;):D :rofl: . This weekend there was about 15 sleds radaring, i did not get to see them because i got home late Sunday, (Early family X-mas party) My roomate said they were running slow, But some big iron, lots of Nitrous. I looked this morning and there is a ice shack already in the middle so i would think this weekend there should be a good turn out.

Back