( Season 2007-08 )TY Mileage– Ike

Awesome pictures Ike, keep them coming. I always do enjoy seeing other people sledding since I cannot yet....

I was out today with my brother. He´s the one with the Exciter MOD ( http://www.totallyamaha.net/forums/showthread.php?t=38356 ).

we were testing his new LYNX RCG skid on that thing. That LYNX skid worked great. It just eats bumps and just asks for more. Just awesome!

Weather here has gone pretty mild. + celcius temps, but now it´s starting to get colder again. We didn´t lose any of the snow , but all the peatlands are pretty much filled with water under the snowcover, so one much take great caution when riding there.

Pics from today and a link to a youtube video.

That Exciter. It´s rides pretty high now..

Checking coolant etc.

SamueLJackson and his ride (one of them).

My good old Vmax-4.

Map of the trails we rode today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3pXBXsY3yc

That video.

Ike

Last edited:

Weather forecast for the upcoming week... don´t like the -28c. Like last season I had to park the V4 for 6 weeks due to the -25c to -35c temps...

Tested today on a short ride my new headlight bulb. Osram Nightbreaker. A really good upgrade from a ordinary H4 bulb. Lights up pretty good the trail compared to the old bulb.

http://www.osram.com/osram_com/Cons...NIGHT_BREAKER/NIGHT_BREAKER_Family/index.html

Sorry no pics. Forgot the camera at home. And we don´t see sun until few weeks from now anyway.

Ike

I was out today. Finally. Had a really bad flu (once again) + my Öhlins were taken to be serviced. I´m scheduled for an nose and throat surgery later this year. I hope it will help this. And the rising fuel prices are also affecting my sledding... 1,50 € / litre here now for prem fuel. (liter = 0.26 gallon or 1 gallon = 3.78 liter so when 1€ is 1.46$ this makes it 8,27 $ for a gallon)

We got tons of snow on last 3 days here.

I went today to a local snowX track to see local guys in training there.

On my way back to home.

Ike

Last edited:
Nice pics again. Pretty rediculus gas prices. I guess I dont have it that bad. I live in Maine and just did a 2 1/2 day trip. Gas prices were around 3.45 per gallon. Overall the trails were perfect with a lot of fresh powder. It was my first real ride of the year totaling 465 miles

Been really busy at work lately, so no riding for a while.

Got me a fresh set of pistons for ole Vmax-4. Wiseco made a special patch (Hauck Yamaha Vmax 800) for a group of Vmax4.com guys. Skinner was the man behind the order and he took care of all the paperwork for us. Thank´s again!

Ike

Last edited:
Been really busy lately, so not too many km´s this season.

I was out riding last saturday with a friend of mine. We just cruised around at our families forests for a day (83 km´s to be exact). Just checking how things were there.

My 800 and my friend´s 750 ( 92 )
Ike

Last edited:
Well, today I had to spend a day outside riding my sled. Sometimes my work is just too tough.. LOL

Actually when we fired our sleds up this morning it was -27c, so gauntlets and the modular helmet were needed.

I´m standing beside my Vmax and my co-workers Summit.

Scenery shot over snowcovered peatlands.

Taking a brake and cooking some sausages at fire.

Ike

Last edited:
Did 180km´s today. My brother and cousin came to visit me, so I rode to meet them half way.

Averarage fuel consumptiom was today 22 litres / 100km´s so it makes 172 km ( 38 litre tank ) per full tank of gas. Just over 100 miles with a tank of fuel. Not bad for my old sled!

My brother and I taking a leak on trail side. LOL

On a snowmobile bridge. Samueljackson´s Exciter MOD , Jari´s SRX and my V4

Ike

Out working today. Rode my brothers Exciter MOD.

Nice sled. Bit too narrow skis for the deep stuff , but still it floats with ease. The Exciter is shaped like a ski so it goes on the snow great.

Snow depth 76 cm (30 inch)

Ike

Last edited:
winter goes by and I´m not riding enough... Too busy at all sections of my life, way too busy.

Anyway, got a chance to take my V4 out today. Rode with my sons today. One at a time ofcourse. Half a tank of gas later darkness was coming down and we went back home.

Today´s ride was unique to the other times on my sled this season : trails were groomed! First time this season that I got a chance to ride on a groomed trail.

Some pics.

My sled parked at trail side.

My older son ready to ride.

Ike

Last edited:

I fitted the low black windshield from Skinner to my sled. Had to adjust my handlebars too ( I have 1 inch rider on it ) since my hands were pretty exposed to the wind with the previous handlebar setup. I hope this is not too cold...

Ike

I was riding on my easter holiday today. I´m off from work for an 1 1/2 weeks.

Next thursday I´ll leave for my annual sledding trip with my friends. This year we are going to Kuusamo area. 3 days of riding from fri - sun. But on that later. Now todays pics (110 km today).

Map of the trails we rode today.

On top of Kaarestunturi. Need to change the stock windshield back for my upcomig trip. WAAYYYY too cold / windy to ride with that low black one...

My older son on my sled. That thing behind him is a reindeerfence overcrossing.

Ike

Annual snowmobile adventure

So, like I´ve mentioned I´ll be leaving next thusrday to my annual sledding trip with my friends.

Last year we rode in northern lapland. (read all about it here---> http://www.totallyamaha.net/forums/showthread.php?t=32127&page=2&pp=20 ). That was the time when I got 7 stiches to my head after falling over in sauna....

This year it will be the Kuusamo area. In Kuusamo there is a famous winter resort called Ruka ( http://www.ruka.fi/winter_eng/ ) World cup cross country skiing and ski jumping takes place there.

we are riding from fri - sun. Should get about 600 or more km´s again to mileage.

Here are some maps for you guys, so you can see roughly where we are going.

Map of Finland in Europe

This link opens a PDF where you can see different trail maps from northern Finland. We are going to ride in the 18 -20 labeled map areas.
http://varaamo.villipohjola.com/intresdocs/kuvat/urakartat/kartta_indeksi.pdf

I´m the only one in our group to ride a 2-stroke. My friends have a 06 RS Rage and Rs Vector Mountain sleds. So, it´s not going to be a surprize who is going to use the most fuel...

Ike

Last edited:
Sadly our annual trip is behind now. We had great time, again. Did 727 km this year ( 330 km first day, 250 on second day 147 km on the 3rd ). My V4 used average 25 litres of fuel to 100 km´s. Not bad IMO. Two of my friends rode RX Warrior and RS Rage (both 2006 sleds), They got way better fuel mileage than my sled LOL

Big thumbs up to Hossa, Taivalkoski and Suomusalmi area. They had great, mostly groomed trails.

pics...

Warming up on the first morning

My friend roosted me with his RX Warrior...

Our cabin for two nights at Hossa.

we also visited Raatteentie battle area. There finnish troops stopped the advance of the Red Army in WW2.

Freshly groomed trail on day 1.

Ike

Sunset at the evening of the first day. Taken from trailside over a small wilderness lake.

Not a bad place for a house...

I´m posing.

Parked outside Hotel Herkko at Taivalkoski. We had lunch there on day 2.

Julma-ölkky. That is the name for this canyon.

Ike

Same canyon.

Mock up of and McLaren F1 car over the entrance of an Hotel at Suomusalmi. It´s the hometown of the F1 driver Heikki Kovalainen.

Kovalainen´s driving gear from his Renault F1 year.

we are enjoyning refresments before and after sauna.

Some of the not so groomed trails on our trip. We actually had the biggest snowstorm of the winter day before our trip.

Ike

That friend of mine kinda stuck with his Warrior...

Heading back home.

Scenery shots from Iivaara.

My odometer after our trip. 1399 km sofar this season on my Vmax-4. I still have some 4 weeks of season left here.

Ike

Last edited:
Some more pics for you to see.

I´m adding more oil after that red light came up on the dash.

Taking a quick bite after the Warrior was on top of the snow again.

Lining up for gas at the evening of day 2.

Info in engish about the Raatteentie battle.

Ike

Back