Yamaha vs. Polaris Dragon

Great sleds!

My father has an 07 IQ 600. It is the best riding sled that I have ever ridden. Handles great, just eats up the bumps (barely even feel them) and the engine is amazing. It was about 60% of what a new yammie costs and recieved a 3 year warranty. 125 HP for a 600 and about 475 pounds. We have found poo engines extremly durable. Have put on 15,000 plus miles and never ever opened the engine. I find it a real treat to ride. The dragon is set up stifer, so if you set it up to your weight and driving style, it would be a hard sled to beat ride and handling wise.

Ps I ran into a guy with a turbo draggon four stroke. It is around 145 hp and gets about 25 miles to the gallon. I was very impressed by it.

Steve

i work at a polaris dealership and im not impressed with the FST weather dragon or not. ive riden one around. not on a trail but around. it is a PITA to work on. it litterly takes over an hr to change 1 of the plugs not both just one. also changing the oil is far from fun. u have to disconnect a hose and turn the sled over and let it pump out the hose. i have a phazer and the motor is more impressive to me then that FST. also the weight is alot less. i know the fst is more in the apex group but ive picked thoes up front and back and they feel alot lighter, whether they are or not or just better balanced. now i do like certain polaris. the dragon and 600 ho or cfi are among the few. also the racer. but they also have sleds i would rather not ride at all the ride. the fusion especialy the 700 and 900s and any sled with the 600 triple in it.

Back