2009 ram

pipdviper said:
I heard a rumor that Ford is yanking all the new deisels cause of liability. Can anyone confirm this? Something about the ash system that cleans the exhaust after thet are shut down. People are parking them in there garage, going in the house and then the system runs. As it is explained to me there is a heater in the exhaust???? burns the soot out?? This catches the truck on fire and burns the garage (house) down. Makes me especially glad to own a Chevy!! I do wish I had a duramax though.

That wouldn't suprise me!! LOL.

what doesn't suprise me is that GM had to finally admit they couldn't make a decent diesel motor and ended up strapping an Isuzu motor in and called it a duramax.

horkn said:
what doesn't suprise me is that GM had to finally admit they couldn't make a decent diesel motor and ended up strapping an Isuzu motor in and called it a duramax.

I think Dodge did the same with the Cummings. Or maybe they own Cummings, I don't know..

Cummins is essentially the same deal, but they have partnered with dodge a long time ago. does anyone know if any dodge diesel has been anything but cummins? not including the dodge sprinter van with the benz diesel.

ford has used what, navistar,or international for a lot of years as well.

the worst idea was to take a normal gas 350, or 3.8l v6 and convert it to diesel. those were the worst Diesels of any brand. ever. those make the old 6.2 or whatever they were (used in H1 hummers ) seem downright reliable.

Half ton trucks

I believe it is destined for half ton pickup trucks and tahoe suv's. Maybe replacing the heavier 3/4/1 ton trucks when they designed a larger diesel based on it. I think the power out put will be a little more than the duramax when it first came out 325 HP-550 ftlbs tq.

I have an 01 Silverado Durmax and it has sold me on WELL DESIGNED diesels in pick-up trucks. I am getting 18-21 mpg with this motor and I am up over 70k miles. I think I will get many more miles. I use this to commute ,tow and plow snow with and it has performed alot beter than my gas pick-ups.

99 cummins 24 valve here 1 ton dually extended cab 190,000 miles original tranny never been rebuilt just had normal service done to it every once in a while, i will agree with the electrical issues as i had to put a noise filter inline after my puter to stop the torque conv from locking and unlocking. it has been claimed that electrical noise causes this from dodge running cables along side other cables. oh an dby the way at work we have a 06 chevy 1 ton dually extended cab dura max and it rides much worse and stiffer than my dodge the chevy has about 40,000 on it also and get horrible fuel economy compared to mine averages 13 w.here my dodge is up over 20

Last edited:
I think it looks like it has down syndrome. lights are low and the hood seems tall. not a fan, and I never really liked a lot of Dodge anything. no offense, just have seen a lot of problems and never had any hickups with our gm work trucks. lot of miles and plowing, always seems to run great and not really deteriorate. the dodge USUALLY looks nice though lol! just my $.02

Back