Doo's got a new 1200 4s

cacsrx1

Was over on doo talk and they are oooowing and aaaahhing over a new 130hp 4stroke. Seems they changed their tune about the slow, heavy, turd, 4 strokes. Wether its 130hp or not I dont know because the torque, horsepower , and rpms, in their charts dont make sense, go figure.
I figure they needed a 4s because the DI isnt going to pan out. I cant wait to see the bill when some guy looses a piston skirt, ring, or one of Doos bullit proof cranks, and little bitty pieces of fragged motor smash those cute little DI injectors.....

It's funny to hear all the Doo riders make fun of the Yammy 4s and how the 6 and 800 twins are so good.Can't imagine why we never hear them talk about all the crank seals going out or the rings being junk in those engines :rofl: .I wonder what their tune will be now?"Four strokes are the best thing since sliced bread" :roll: .Well I guess it's up to us to just remind them of their absent mindedness.

looks like doo needs to pull the ad with the weightlifting weights added to the hood of their XP's and go head to head even up with the Apex. or since its supposedly 130hp the new nytro. LOL

got a link to the new doo 4 stroke??

horkn said:
looks like doo needs to pull the ad with the weightlifting weights added to the hood of their XP's and go head to head even up with the Apex. or since its supposedly 130hp the new nytro. LOL

got a link to the new doo 4 stroke??
Sign up at dootalk.com. there are some funny guys over there. Ive been a member since 03 when the series 3 motors really began to gernade. Its been some great reading over the years.

stretchSXV said:
but the doo guys don't bash the yami's as much as we do them. I've seen members direct other members to this site if they want info on yami's. :o|
I have been there for a long time and have been bashed plenty.

Cats guys I find are the worse...but nonetheless..I'm surprised about this engine...
I thought the new E-teck engine they introduced 2 weeks back was pretty sick...
and very comparible if not able to surpass a 4stroke in all levels...hmm...nothing
like bringing up the ante for all manufacturers...

Cat guys are just jealous since they have to spend a lot more $$ to keep their sleds running. Just an observation, they seem to have more problems than all the other brands combined. LOL

You know, I almsot got another doo instead of the Venture. a friend had a nice 03 Grand touring 500 Liquid with barely any miles on it. he offered it to a relative for the same $$ as me, and the relative jumped on it. but we were this close.....

I too think its funny that the Doo guys ripped on 4-strokes for being, "bulky, heavy and slow" and now that Doo has come out with a 4-stroke they think its the best thing since sliced bread. How typical. Most Doo people whom I have known have had an attitude that it aint any good until Doo does it and then its the best thing ever.
I think its funny that Doo ripped on 4-strokes for the past 2 years (anyone else remember the, "2>4" ad campaign??) and now they have jumped on the 4-stroke bandwagon.
Its nice to see Doo finally pull their head out of the sand and realize that 4-strokes are the future. They are going to need to come out with something better than a 130-hp 1200 if they want to be competitive in the 4-stroke market.

maybe someone from Ski-doo used there etec snowmobile like I used my etec outboard and it broke down in 2:36. Then they couldn't get parts for it right away!!!! So I wonder who is making this 4-stroke??? BRP???

Id bet its a Rotax 4-stroke. Rotax actually has some great 4-strokes in ATVs and motorcycles. Can-Ams are some of the most powerfull ATVs you can buy and Rotax also makes engines for the motorcycle manufacturer Aprillia. I think Rotax also makes engines for BMW motorcycles, but Im not 100% sure of that.
They have experience in 4-strokes, but IMO they arent on Yamaha's level. Yamaha's sportbikes have been winning races all over the world for decades and its going to take one heck of an effort on Doo's part to top Yamaha in the 4-stroke sled market.
Im not saying they cant do it, but I wouldnt bet the farm on it happening.

Bakemono said:
I too think its funny that the Doo guys ripped on 4-strokes for being, "bulky, heavy and slow" .

I'm waiting to see the numbers. It's in the XP so let's see how much it weighs. What will Yamaha do if it's 50 lbs lighter. Overall this could be good b/c now there are 2 major players in the 4 stroke game.

Just like any thing else. When the market comes around to new technology it does not take long for mfg to jump on the band wagon. But there is a huge advantage of first in the market.

stretchSXV said:
I'm waiting to see the numbers. It's in the XP so let's see how much it weighs. What will Yamaha do if it's 50 lbs lighter. Overall this could be good b/c now there are 2 major players in the 4 stroke game.

No doubt. I wont buy a 4 stroke but I think they will be a great option for some people, especially the ones who hate 2 stroke smoke and smell. If 2 strokes made me as sick as diesels do I wouldnt ride one anymore. But dont slam Ski-poo for copying Yamaha, Yamaha did the same thing with their "rider forward" positioning after the revolutionary Rev came out. I recall lots of Yami guys slamming the Rev seating position only to praise Yami when they came out with a similar position (which is now on all their sleds.) If you like your late model Yami you should be glad ski-doo is out there, they get credit for changing the basic style of modern sleds.

Bakemono said:
Id bet its a Rotax 4-stroke. Rotax actually has some great 4-strokes in ATVs and motorcycles. Can-Ams are some of the most powerfull ATVs you can buy and Rotax also makes engines for the motorcycle manufacturer Aprillia. I think Rotax also makes engines for BMW motorcycles, but Im not 100% sure of that.
They have experience in 4-strokes, but IMO they arent on Yamaha's level. Yamaha's sportbikes have been winning races all over the world for decades and its going to take one heck of an effort on Doo's part to top Yamaha in the 4-stroke sled market.
Im not saying they cant do it, but I wouldnt bet the farm on it happening.

without even seeing pics, I can assume that it is Rotax that will be making the motor. Rotax makes the 4s PWC motors for doo, also the current and old v twin sled motor for skidoo. rotax makes the motors for Aprilia bikes (and the new Buell 1125r motor). They make a nice mill. And they do have racing experience in sportbike racing, but the bigegst dominance they have isin the motoGP 250 and 125cc 2 stroke class. Aprilia did very well in World Super Bike when they ran that as well, with their Mille R 1000cc LC v twin 4 stroke.

BMW, makes their own motors for their bikes

i personally hate the rider foward ergos of my nytro and suspect i would also hate the revs, i ride it because its is still fun, good on fuel and has little to no maintenance. if they would only put the 4 stroke in a srx style chassis, now that would get the blood pumping.

Back