Doo's got a new 1200 4s

I don't mind the REV's if they have a Boss Highrise on them. I couldn't ride a REV chassis with a stock seat more than 5 miles, my legs are too damn long. Not to mention they like to lock up and cramp alot. Not something I'm real happy about being only 21 years old. As long as my hips are the same height or higher than my knees I'm fine.

The REV-XP has a pretty good seat on it though IMO. I would like it a touch higher but I could live with it.

chitownpete@yahoo.com said:
No doubt. I wont buy a 4 stroke but I think they will be a great option for some people, especially the ones who hate 2 stroke smoke and smell. If 2 strokes made me as sick as diesels do I wouldnt ride one anymore. But dont slam Ski-poo for copying Yamaha, Yamaha did the same thing with their "rider forward" positioning after the revolutionary Rev came out. I recall lots of Yami guys slamming the Rev seating position only to praise Yami when they came out with a similar position (which is now on all their sleds.) If you like your late model Yami you should be glad ski-doo is out there, they get credit for changing the basic style of modern sleds.

I think the Rev is extremely uncomfortable and I'm only 5'5". I couldn't wait to get off of it. So , yamaha went to rider forward but they were too smart to imitate the Rev's Cramped mess. As far as the XP, it seems they copied the other OEMS seating postion on that one. After all they found that it was too far forward and needed to move it back where everyone else is. AHHHH, the sno-scoot was actually the first rider forward sled, but it was way ahead of it's time, so it never really caught on, not to mention it was extremely underpowered.

The new E-Tec engine is extraordinary for a 2 stroke. Old timers don't believe me wen I tell them the oil reservoir can last a full season. The fact it has push button fogging will save allot of money for the non tech guys.

But even with all this tech under the hood it still has more emissions than a 4 stroke. This is why BRP came out with this 4 stroke.

So, have you seen the pics released just yesterday of the new 1200 cc 4 stroke sled?

They had 3 new models released with the 1200 3 cylinder.
a 2 up GT on the new revx chassis, an MXZ1200 that looks just like any other new revX, and a 2up/ SUV TUV model to replace the current one.

They even test rode them on another forum. I was going to post the link yesterday, until we got 16" + of snow...

PhatboyC said:
The new E-Tec engine is extraordinary for a 2 stroke. Old timers don't believe me wen I tell them the oil reservoir can last a full season. The fact it has push button fogging will save allot of money for the non tech guys.

But even with all this tech under the hood it still has more emissions than a 4 stroke. This is why BRP came out with this 4 stroke.

I spent some time with an 09 E-Tec last weekend and it got no better fuel miledge that my Attak. This engine probably was not broken in fully yet so our discovery may have been somewhat premature, as far as oil? yeah it was definatly less than the norm, but to claim a full season on a tank?? makes me wonder how many miles their "season" was based on.

Overall a nice sled though

Here's is the pics from Dootalk in case anyone here hasn't seen it yet.

Attachments

• p2009a_3.jpg
    p2009a_3.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 84
  • p2009a_4.jpg
    p2009a_4.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 85
cougar1985 said:
hmmmm ! a line up that includes both 4 and 2 stroke ,pity yamaha couldnt do the same!yammys left us 2-smokers out hanging in the wind.
Yea sad, but yammie's focusing all there attention and resources on 4's to
prefect it..

but not everyone can afford a new 4 stroker...

PhatboyC said:
If you ask me they are kind of conceded to pit it against the Nitro. Ones a bump sled and the other a trail queen. Can't wait to see some races.

I don't know if conceited is the proper term, but if it is 15 lbs less than the nytro motor, then it is in the same realm as the nytro, despite an extra 150cc's. The rev xp 4 stroke should weigh less than the nytro as well.

I wonder how the nytro's tq and hp chart stacks up to the new 1200 doo 4 strokes dyno chart (or the other way around;). That doo must have a whole lot of tq, even more than the nytro, based on engine size and the hp rating of 130.

Back