Great working slead thx to TURK and you guys!

Robster

I have a Benderpiped MM700 -00. Reedspacers, 144"x1,5 Camoplast Crossover track, C&A 7" wide skiis, extroverts and Ohlins all around.
51/43 helix with stock springs in both primary and secondary and weights according to TURKs recommendations.

Raced against my friends Arctic Crossfire 8 -08 last weekend and he only won 1 length racing from 0-70 mph. I mean, he is +15 hp more than me and probably around 35-40 kilos lighter sled. I smiled all the way home. =)
Racing om trails I think I will beat him, since the backshift on the CF8 really sucks. It is way to slow and if we race and I am close behind I almost hit him in the back after a tight corner with a long straight after.

My sled rocks from 0-30 mph, but I think I need just a little bit more weight on the tip to lower the revs between 30 mph and up to top speed. Where should my rpms be coming from 0 with WOT between 30 and top speed. The superfast acceleration 0-30 feels like it is slowing down +30 mph and upwards, but it also feels like the engine could take a bit more upshifting.

Only thing now is to jet it properly. I run 150 mains all over and 50 pilots and both are to rich. Will dyno it and jet it properly during that. Anyone want to see a dynochart? :bump: Anyone got a dynochart to share?

//Rob

There's some dyno results here I wish they had a set of Benders on there but from what I've read I thought the Power Inc.'s were supposed to be close to the Benders?

Yama49601 said:
There's some dyno results here I wish they had a set of Benders on there but from what I've read I thought the Power Inc.'s were supposed to be close to the Benders?

I live only 40 km from that company and I will dyno mine ther within a couple of weeks. He has dynoed 15-20 redheads with pipes so I hope I can get copys from all of those two.

//R

Anyone wanna guess the output for my sled before?

Reedspacers, no head gasket mod, Bender pipes, no intake mod and no porting.

I hope and guess for 131 hp, with BSFC above 0,6. The guess is a bit high I know, but the sled runs really good and the last thing that leaves me is the hope! ;)! :yam: :rockon: :WayCool:

Next tuesday on the 19th is the time for the Dyno.

//Rob

For racing with the Bender pipes I got the best performance with the sled coming out of the hole at 8200 rpm & climbing. They seem to pull about the same on top from 85-8800 rpm.

Turk said:
For racing with the Bender pipes I got the best performance with the sled coming out of the hole at 8200 rpm & climbing. They seem to pull about the same on top from 85-8800 rpm.

Thx Turk for that.
What hp do you think I can expect from my red head? Your guess is as interesting as anyones.

//Rob

Dynotest completed

Just came back from Dynotesting my Benderpiped redhead.
Anyone wanna see the result... :Bore:

Sad to say that the result was not as good as I hoped for.
The 8000 km has taken its toll from the pistons and the rings so the compression was way to low to deliver any really good results.

Will change pistons, rings and gaskets until next season and then dyno it again. Mulle (the owner of M-Performance) said that I can expect almost 10 more hp with new pistons and rings, so that is a given until next season.

I have also been watching a lot of his different dynos of red heads. Most people around here go with the Hauck pipes and they have the absolute record for his Dynomite (for only red heads i mean). With a bsfc of 0,49 they maxed out one to 143 hp!!! NO machining was done to that motor, but you don't go full throttle for very long that lean either....

I ordered mine at very close to 0,6 bsfc but above. After the initial run the lowest point was 0,79 (150 mains, 52,5 pilots, Fuelscrew 1,5 turns out).

Mulle directly said that 147,5 mains, 40 pilots (!?) and fuelscrew 2 turns out would be very close. He was right... to say the least. Second run showed bsfc bottoming at 0,63!!!

Anyone wanna see the dynosheet and all the figures....? Say please... :beer: :p

//Rob

Last edited:
I'd like to see the results please
18-49kjx36mc.png
10-49kjxdem1.gif

Etc

Allright. Here is the verdict.

I went dynoing at M-Performance today and I was hoping for +130 hp.

The setup that Bender recommends for my altitude was WAY to fat. 150 mains, 52,5 pilots, needle in middle position, fuelscrew 1,5 turns out.
Bsfc bottomed at 0,79 around 8k rpms, and below 3,500 rpms it was around 1,5!!!

After the initial dynorun with the Bender recommendation setup, Mulle asked if I had any wishes about the jetting. I said I want bsfc to be very close above 0,6, but NOT below. Then he said ok and looked at the results from the initial dyno and thinks for maybe 30 seconds. The he says: "-Lets put in 147,5 mains and 40 pilots and adjust the fuelscrews another half a turn out. That should put us close." And close it was. That guy sure knows how to tune engines!!!

It peaked at 120 hp with bsfc at 0,64.

The result is 10 hp below what I was hoping for, due to bad compression (worn out piston and rings). But the throttle respons is AWSOME!!!! Mulle said I can expect around 8-10 more hp with new pistons and rings so I will change that after the season. :homework:

Setup after dynoing and according to my wish is as follows;

Mainjet 147,5
Pilotjet 40 (yes, you read right!)
Needle in middle position
Fuelscrew 2 turns out.

:letitsnow ;)!
my.php

my.php

Comments please!

//Rob

Last edited:
What elevation are you at? Every time I put smaller pilots in it cleans the motor up more and more. Right now I have 47.5's in it and I still don't have it totally cleaned up. I think I might go back to stock on the pilots (45's) and see if that gets rid of the one spot in the throttle that runs like #$%&* I'm also gonna go to 148.8 mains, possibly 147.5's. What temps do you usually ride in?

Yama49601 said:
What elevation are you at? Every time I put smaller pilots in it cleans the motor up more and more. Right now I have 47.5's in it and I still don't have it totally cleaned up. I think I might go back to stock on the pilots (45's) and see if that gets rid of the one spot in the throttle that runs like #$%&* I'm also gonna go to 148.8 mains, possibly 147.5's. What temps do you usually ride in?

I ride 0-3000 ft.

//Rob

Top hp on red head at M-Performance

Just want to show the chart from the all time high top hp for a red head at M-performance. Watch and dream... ;)! ;):D :die: :yrules: :eek:

my.php

//Rob

Last edited:
Yama49601 said:
What temperature do you normally ride in? What was the temperature for the dyno run?

Normal temperature is around -15 degrees celcius, but we ride between -5 degrees celcius to -25 degrees celcius. Works every time.

The temperature during dynorun was -1 degrees celcius.

//Rob

That is good to know, finally a dyno on the Hauck pipes!!!
No wonder I love my exhaust so darn much!!!
good thread!

JohnnyQuest said:
That is good to know, finally a dyno on the Hauck pipes!!!
No wonder I love my exhaust so darn much!!!
good thread!

With normal jetting the Hauck and the Benderpipes have the same power, but the Benderpipes have it 500 rpms lower than the Haucks. The last 10 hp was gained much due to the superlean jetting and can almost be reached with same superlean jetting with Benders. The best result with proper jetting was around 136 hp and was reached with all the big brands best results (Bender, Hauck, SLP, PSI). Only thing is that the most consistent pipes was SLP, that had the smallest difference between good result and very good.

Poor results normally depends upon the engine and not the pipes.

//Rob

Back