This guy claims UPS told him $140 to ship these

he might not be. after a cirtain size they charge for a standered weight. bellies are a big package. if the box is say 60x30x40 it could well be 140 cause the standered weight would be like 200 lbs even tho it might only be 30. i know when we get hoods in at work that its usaly over 100 for shiping.

i believe it.ups or ups store is spendy if they do the boxing and use their box etc.but if he box's them himself it would be more like $30-$50 to ship.they get you for oversize and charge a heavier lb. rate even though it might be 10 lbs.good luck

UPS Sucks! Especially shipping up here to AK.. Check FEDEX or USPS. I personally have better luck with USPS with most stuff. But, large packages will soak your wallet.....

either DHL or the post office. Might be able to ship without a box also. I ship a lot and never use UPS.
I shipped tires through DHL that were 35 X 12.5 and weighed 65 pounds a peice and didn't spend half that to ship all 4 through DHL

My friend just called this guy (since he's the one who actually was going to buy them) and the guy hung up on my friend. My friend told him that we'd send him his ebay fees and that he couldn't afford to pay $140 shipping and then click... If I get a negative over this I'm gonna be #$%&* :o| :whine: ;):D

Greyhound freight is cheap on big stuff. I can not believe they are that oversized. I sent a skid ups within MI for 30. and a set of tripple pipes for 23.00. The pipes weigh 40 but ship at 53. The box is 41x13x19.

pipdviper said:
either DHL or the post office. Might be able to ship without a box also. I ship a lot and never use UPS.
I shipped tires through DHL that were 35 X 12.5 and weighed 65 pounds a peice and didn't spend half that to ship all 4 through DHL

That's a pretty good deal then.

fleet man said:
Yup, DHL or Fedex for larger items. I wouldn't ship a box of air with UPS.

Somebody's gotto pay for that race truck. :rofl:

Yeah and we all have to pay for their $30 an hour drivers you know. Well actually more than that. They start their drivers out at $31 an hour.

I should have made him get the shipping quote first. But I'd be willing to bet if I had them here and packed them and took them to UPS it would not be $140. That's the highest I've ever heard of. It really sucks when you have the misfortune of having to deal with a moron. He also told me in one of his emails that UPS gave him the cheapest quote. If that's true then they're the only place he checked with. He must have these in a piano box. :rofl: :o| :ban:

Yeah and we all have to pay for their $30 an hour drivers you know. Well actually more than that. They start their drivers out at $31 an hour.

C'mon !!! :eek: And with all the OT they could get, I'm in the wrong biz.

I just worked for them over the holidays. Then it was $27 an hour starting pay but it was going up to $31 an hour soon. From the way he talked it sounded like the first of the year. Now I understand part of the reason why they charge so much for shipping. :o|

By the sounds of things, you agreed to buy this without an agreed price on shipping? I never purchase anything from anyone without an agreed price. If he told you something different prior to the sale, I can see your point. But, If you simply purchased it without an agreed price on shipping, I have to say he is in the right on this one and you most likely will get negative feed back.

I'd try and work out some other shipping method with him and request a receipt for the shipping cost.

Yama49601 said:
My friend just called this guy (since he's the one who actually was going to buy them) and the guy hung up on my friend. My friend told him that we'd send him his ebay fees and that he couldn't afford to pay $140 shipping and then click... If I get a negative over this I'm gonna be #$%&* :o| :whine: ;):D

Put them on a Greyhound Bus!!! I've had tunnels shipped to me for like $25 on the ol' greyhound!!

Back