Toyota Tundra or GMC Sierra. Wich one to buy

Dodges are ALWAYS in the dealers getting fixed. The gas ones at least. I agree with Expert that the cummins would be the only reason to get a dodge truck.
I own a grand cherokee, and while it has been totally reliable for 160k+ mine is a 93, a far cry where the 99-04 grands are as far as reliability. (the 04+ wk grands and Xk's commanders seem to be pretty reliable, despite some minor electrical issues). Don't get me started on other chrysler products. the newer style dodges have had their share of brake and suspension issues, as well as early major teething issues with Hemi's. electrical issues come standard with chryslers.

They all have their issues though. some far worse than others. I am not a chevy fan, but in pickups I would buy a chevy(98+) before a 2000 or so dodge.

Ryan B said:
This one was in my local paper today. Looks like a pretty good deal. Older than what you are looking at but..................

$2,950 1987 Ford 1987 FORD 3/4 Ton XLT, diesel, 4x4, King-Cab, 78K, blue, new tires, great condition, $2950. (612)865-2031
~78000 miles

Very nice deal Ryan but I'm seeling mine to get a newer look so with the 87 I'm still old beside I won't have to borrow money and that is no fun if I get something around 10.000 i can have more debt...LOL that is what life is all about......JAJAJA.

Let me know if still interested on mine......?

I found one today that I might wanna buy.....02 Sierra with 100 K with many many options like bedrug and topper for 10 K. will see \what the mechanic say on friday...And what carfax tells me tonight

Last edited:
I have 90K + on my Silverado 2500HD Duramax and it gets used plowing and some long trips. Always runs no major problems other than injectors. A few guys at work have GMC gas rigs and they love them. A buddy has gone 197K on his still runs like new..

My buddy has fords in his fleet and is continually rebuilding the motors when they let loose. Ford 6.0 is junk. And steer clear of Dodge, at least til they do the re design in 09

I have an 04 Durango with a HEMI and I can pull my racecar (in my trailer) like NOTHING!!!!(8500lbs) Yeah,, the racecar is also a DODGE!!!!

Back