97 Sx 700

I don't personally know of any that do. I'm sure there is guys on here that have modded them into an SX cuz they do on most other things. Search around and you might find what you need. Or just pm guys that have what you want. Usually everyone is willing to help.

Took the W arm off today to replace some bushings. I think this shock is no good.

Attachments

• 0527091734.jpg
    0527091734.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 2
  • 0527091734a.jpg
    0527091734a.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 3
SXlover said:
Took the W arm off today to replace some bushings. I think this shock is no good.

I think your right. Had a similiar thing happen on my 97. I think it was caused by age or having the front limiter strap out to far and the shock was always toping out in its stroke. :dunno: Replaced it with a shock that came off a viper that had the shock upgrade done on it.

You can put any of the the other 3 mfg suspension in and they will likely all be better if you want big bump capability and weight transfer. I have one sx with an expert x and another with a cat cross country skid. Others have done the Polaris and Ski Doo skid. Nice shock by the way..

Got the suspension all back together and mounted in the sled today. Put a skid plate on and also got the motor in and all oil lines hooked up. Bled the oil pump, hooked up the coolant hoses and all wires. Still a few misc things to do. Need to put oil in the chaincase, fill oil tank, fill with antifreeze, clean carbs, put on recoil, and have the piece that holds the coolant hose and the rope runs through (part of the chaincase) welded. The rope wore it down far enough that it finally broke. Also put in a pic of what my garage looks like. My 97 SX, my 97 Prelude, and my 07 Apex Mtn.

Attachments

• 0821092231.jpg
    0821092231.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 0821091715.jpg
    0821091715.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 0821092239.jpg
    0821092239.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 4
Great project!

How did you crack your crankcase on the recoil side??

My buddy had his happen mysteriously and it looks exactly like yours, we had it welded but is cracking again....

Yamahammer485 said:
Great project!

How did you crack your crankcase on the recoil side??

My buddy had his happen mysteriously and it looks exactly like yours, we had it welded but is cracking again....

We think that when we had a different stator put on the guy didn't put loctite on the bolts that hold the recoil cup thing onto the flywheel. Well one day I was out riding and busting drifts. I got stuck and went to start it, pulled the rope and nothing. The recoil cup had strectched out and come through the top of the case, breaking the big chunk of it out. So yea that's how ours happened.

Well it's official. The redhead heartbeat is beating again. I sure missed that sound.

No it's not, just need to check the coolant again, put the seat back on it, and grease the suspension. Also should find a primary clutch and a set of skis for it. I sure did miss the sound of that triple. Can't wait to ride it again. Gotta ride something in the early snow before I can ride my new to me Apex. LOL

Here it is, completed!! :2strokes:

Attachments

• 0913091349.jpg
    0913091349.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 0912092020.jpg
    0912092020.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 6
Thanks. Next project is to weld the Y pipe on both Viper's, check over the suspensions and maybe put the pipes on one.

And yes that is the new to me Apex in the background ;)! :letitsnow

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 8
Got a chance to get her back on the snow for a little bit before it melts this weekend.

Attachments

• 1015091232.jpg
    1015091232.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 1015091234.jpg
    1015091234.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 3
Good looking, When you had the engine out did you ever concider painting the case and cyl's? I did this on all of my sleds, I paint the cases and cyls black and then the heads original color, ie red on the 700 and 600. I am pulling out the Viper engine this weekend to repaint and clean up everything. I ride the Detroit Lakes area in MN when we go west. How far west are you in ND? Al

Nope never even considered it. I want it to look original. And I'm in central ND near the Minot area. Put 9 miles on it, now the snow is too melted to ride anymore. Also put 2.5 on my Apex because I just had to try it out. lol

Back