1988 Bender Terminator For Sale

82SRX500

Website
www.toizrit.com
Guys, if you love specialty built Hi Performance sleds then here is your chance to own a Bender Built Terminator. Bender built about 24 of these sleds to be sold as either FIII race sleds that the buyer could futher modify, or to be used as exceptionally hi performance trail sleds. The Terminators came with Bender's exclusive Wide Front End kit, FIII ported and improved motor, modified air box, Bender twin mod pipes, polaris Hydraulic brake, and optional front sway bar kit. This sled has the front sway bar assembly installed but needs the bar and brackets that mount the skis. Skis are brand new with correct welded reinforcements to the loops per Benders design, Bender custom hood piece cover over air box, brand new carbides, comes with 38mm carbs on it, but I have an extra 44mm set I will include with purchase which was how Bender built them. New fuel lines, NOS seat cover installed, studded track in excellent condition with studs that are fair,all new reproduced graphics installed, sled shows use from racing but displays well and would be a great driver. I have sold similar Terminators for near $4,000. First $2750 gets it. I can deliver to A-1 show. Sled is in my trailer and will be brought to A-1 regardless to be sold.

Jon Bertolino
toizrit@comcast.net
phone: 847-289-1050

Attachments

• term1.JPG
    term1.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 103
  • term2.JPG
    term2.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 116
  • term3.JPG
    term3.JPG
    246.5 KB · Views: 120
  • term4.JPG
    term4.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 76
  • term5.JPG
    term5.JPG
    170.8 KB · Views: 174

There is somewhere in the neighborhood of 60 mods done to these sleds by bender racing. Many parts were available only on these sleds...Making a correct clone would be nearly impossible.. The sled is the real deal. Jeff Wurl

jwurl said:
There is somewhere in the neighborhood of 60 mods done to these sleds by bender racing. Many parts were available only on these sleds...Making a correct clone would be nearly impossible.. The sled is the real deal. Jeff Wurl

Only asking because It looks like it doesn't have Benders 4th wheel kit or Benders wide front panel kit. Just odd to me a FIII sled wouldn't have it, he sold a bunch but didn't install them on his race sleds? I don't know so I'm asking. What are a few of the impossible mods?

The Terminators did not have the wide front end panels because the sleds were made before the panels came out. It does however have a widened front end. That is why the struts stick out beyond the side panels.. Jeff Wurl

toydoc said:
Only asking because It looks like it doesn't have Benders 4th wheel kit or Benders wide front panel kit. Just odd to me a FIII sled wouldn't have it, he sold a bunch but didn't install them on his race sleds? I don't know so I'm asking. What are a few of the impossible mods?

by the description in the very first post one of the "imposible mods" have already been cloned....

new front skis with correct reinforcement per bender specs....

but what do i know....

The Terminator was Marketed as a Hi Performance Trail sled first and formost. Yamahas "Big Sled" for 1987 was the Stock 570 Exciter. 82HP wouldn't make it against the 90+ indy 650's. Bender gave Yamaha fans an alternitive. Approx. 8750.00 would get you a Terminator. 106HP, wide front end,fox shocks in the rear skid,Hot trail porting,44mm carbs,twin pipes,custom graphics and cowl cover. Otional heavy duty heat exchangers and Heavy duty front sway bar. Anything in Benders Catalog was possible to put in the sled.
Jon's sled is a very nice Example of a Original Terminator. His asking price is very Resonable.
Don't forget,the Terminator is just one of 4 Specialty built sleds the Bender offered thru the years. The other three are the Bender Outlaw(84 Phaser with 540 Vmax motor),Phaser SX(50 Built for Snowcross and Oval racing) and the 854 Avalanche(3 cylinder Exciter motor).
We've all hear of Baldwin Motor Chevys,Yenko Camaro's and the like.
Bender's Specialty sleds will be the Snowmobile Version of those cars to Collectors in the years to come.

Mark

Anyone who have more info and pictures of the sleds named above?This sounded cool..
And btw,That terminator just made me soil my pants..I oficialy have a new dream machine!
I heard about the Terminators ofcourse,but teh Outlaw,Phazer SX and the Avalanche is new to me..if anyone have info and pictures,please make a thread about it

Sorry bout hogging the thread

toydoc said:

ToyDoc,

The Bender FIII Terminator that Bender Raced and Won Eagle River with in 1988 I personally own it had been on display at the Snowmobile Hall of Fame the past 15 years. The 1989 FIII Terminator that Bender won Eagle River with is owned by Bob Weaver in NY. These sleds were highly modified by Tim for FIII oval racing and the custom builds he produced were also named Terminators but not painted flourescent orange/white/black. They were painted medium red/white/black and were promoted to be the ultimate high performance trail sled, or a consumer could purchase them for FIII racing based on the motor being FIII ported, power jet 44 mm carbed, and a widened front end along with custom air box and hood venting.

I attached a photo of the consumer Terminator from his Bender Catalog.

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 37
big-kid said:
by the description in the very first post one of the "imposible mods" have already been cloned....

new front skis with correct reinforcement per bender specs....

but what do i know....

The stock skis that Bender used were modified with angled metal to reinforce the loops. The skis that were on it were worn through and shot, hence getting NOS skis purchased and having the welded reinforcements replicated.

Kohler said:
Avalanche, Exciter triple.

Here is a picture of the Avalanche. It is one of 12 produced. Mine is signed by Bender on the custom built clutch cover. These sleds are unbelievable.

Attachments

• Avalanche Clutch.JPG
    Avalanche Clutch.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0950.JPG
    IMG_0950.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 60
  • Avalanche Motor2.JPG
    Avalanche Motor2.JPG
    242 KB · Views: 71
Nikolai_Ex said:
Anyone who have more info and pictures of the sleds named above?This sounded cool..
And btw,That terminator just made me soil my pants..I oficialy have a new dream machine!
I heard about the Terminators ofcourse,but teh Outlaw,Phazer SX and the Avalanche is new to me..if anyone have info and pictures,please make a thread about it

Sorry bout hogging the thread

I just posted some pictures of the Avalanche. They basically have the same mods as the Terminators but a much much more expensive engine package. See photos of the SX Phazer that Tim was to produce 50 of for F-56 racing and Sno X. Very cool sleds. Then the Outlaw Phazers were the same chassis set up as the SX Phazers but he converted the engine bay to house a 540 Vmax motor.

Attachments

• jbsx2.JPG
    jbsx2.JPG
    173.1 KB · Views: 45
  • jbsx1.JPG
    jbsx1.JPG
    186.9 KB · Views: 45

Back