1988 Bender Terminator For Sale

Nikolai_Ex said:
Anyone who have more info and pictures of the sleds named above?This sounded cool..
And btw,That terminator just made me soil my pants..I oficialy have a new dream machine!
I heard about the Terminators ofcourse,but teh Outlaw,Phazer SX and the Avalanche is new to me..if anyone have info and pictures,please make a thread about it

Sorry bout hogging the thread

Here a a couple photos of the Outlaw Phazer.

Attachments

• outlawside.JPG
    outlawside.JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 58
  • OutlawLeftSide.jpg
    OutlawLeftSide.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 53
  • Engine1.jpg
    Engine1.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 63

94max said:
The Terminator was Marketed as a Hi Performance Trail sled first and formost. Yamahas "Big Sled" for 1987 was the Stock 570 Exciter. 82HP wouldn't make it against the 90+ indy 650's. Bender gave Yamaha fans an alternitive. Approx. 8750.00 would get you a Terminator. 106HP, wide front end,fox shocks in the rear skid,Hot trail porting,44mm carbs,twin pipes,custom graphics and cowl cover. Otional heavy duty heat exchangers and Heavy duty front sway bar. Anything in Benders Catalog was possible to put in the sled.
Jon's sled is a very nice Example of a Original Terminator. His asking price is very Resonable.
Don't forget,the Terminator is just one of 4 Specialty built sleds the Bender offered thru the years. The other three are the Bender Outlaw(84 Phaser with 540 Vmax motor),Phaser SX(50 Built for Snowcross and Oval racing) and the 854 Avalanche(3 cylinder Exciter motor).
We've all hear of Baldwin Motor Chevys,Yenko Camaro's and the like.
Bender's Specialty sleds will be the Snowmobile Version of those cars to Collectors in the years to come.

Mark

Mark, thanks for the follow up on this. The price on this sled is set low because it is not a perfect sled, but a sled that could be driven or improved on. I sold a similar Terminator last year with some improvements for near $4000. I only know about about six of these sleds that still exist. There probably are few more floating around but they have not surfaced. I am also receptive to trades and cash just depends what available.

82SRX500 said:
Here a a couple photos of the Outlaw Phazer.

looks like two different machines. one has red skis the other has black, one is signed the other isnt, and one has a green registration sticker at the bottom....

Thanks for the info,MAN did Bender ever produced some awesome machines back in the days!
Those are some wicked sleds,if i lived in the U.S i would not think twice about taking the Terminator of your hands:)would be fun to see what it would cost me to have the sled shipped ower the pond and have it standing here in my garage..guess it would not be that expensive since the dollar is so low,and what you want for it now is not much money compared to norwegian currency(?)

LOVE THE OUTLAW, MARK AND I SAW ONE FOR SALE IN THE SWAP AREA AT THE OHIO NY GRASS DRAGS AFEW YEARS BACK. WE THINK WE KNOW WHERE IT IS. BUT MOTOR LOCKED UP. 3:16 (yammie tony)

YAMMIEGOD3:16 said:
LOVE THE OUTLAW, MARK AND I SAW ONE FOR SALE IN THE SWAP AREA AT THE OHIO NY GRASS DRAGS AFEW YEARS BACK. WE THINK WE KNOW WHERE IT IS. BUT MOTOR LOCKED UP. 3:16 (yammie tony)
Cool,you should pick it up,since it is a stock(?) v-max engine,fixing it would not be a problem right?

Big-Kid,it's not uncommon to have the owner add his personal touches to his sled. My guess is the pictures of the outlaw is a before and after picture.
My Terminator has a PSI 650 Genesis kit with twin PSI pipes. I bought it from the original owner. He blew it up and broke the crank in 1989. Wanted even more power so he got all the goodies from PSI including the IRS fuel Injection kit and Polaris clutching front and rear. Dyno'd 119HP on C&H's Dyno.
Not all "Original",but it's staying the way it is. It's even in the PSI catalog from 1990.

Mark

94max said:
Big-Kid,it's not uncommon to have the owner add his personal touches to his sled. My guess is the pictures of the outlaw is a before and after picture.
My Terminator has a PSI 650 Genesis kit with twin PSI pipes. I bought it from the original owner. He blew it up and broke the crank in 1989. Wanted even more power so he got all the goodies from PSI including the IRS fuel Injection kit and Polaris clutching front and rear. Dyno'd 119HP on C&H's Dyno.
Not all "Original",but it's staying the way it is. It's even in the PSI catalog from 1990.

Mark
I would reeealy love to see a video man:)that sounded like to much off the good!hehe man those terminators realy got to my mind now,i cant think about anything else for now,thinkin about painting mine in the same colors

big-kid said:
looks like two different machines. one has red skis the other has black, one is signed the other isnt, and one has a green registration sticker at the bottom....

Same sled. The sled when I got it has red ski skinz on it which have since been removed. I also removed the ugly registration stickers. Then had Tim Bender sign the side panels.

Thats some cool pictures. Bender and DRP had some cool sled back then. I built two FIII 1988 Exciter back then. Both of my bender front end kits came with bender wide panels, maybe it was bought after the mold was done? Also added all the other mods, fox shocks, cold air kit, 4th wheel kit, overdrive clutching. I even liquid cooled the engine case and removed the "dead water" flow over the exhaust port. I think mine made 104hp. Back then after all the mods, you could beat a bone stock Polaris 650. But no one has a stock 650 on a race track, so a piped indy 650 would eat us up. Some times you could run even with a wildcat or mach1, but even that was hard to do.

Last edited:
toydoc said:
Thats some cool pictures. Bender and DRP had some cool sled back then. I built two FIII 1988 Exciter back then. Both of my bender front end kits came with bender wide panels, maybe it was bought after the mold was done? Also added all the other mods, fox shocks, cold air kit, 4th wheel kit, overdrive clutching. I even liquid cooled the engine case and removed the "dead water" flow over the exhaust port. I think mine made 104hp. Back then after all the mods, you could beat a bone stock Polaris 650. But no one has a stock 650 on a race track, so a piped indy 650 would eat us up. Some times you could run even with a wildcat or mach1, but even that was hard to do.

Not with Tim on the race track.......... :)

Tim Could win on a Bravo!!! Seriously ,those Phazer Outlaws ,were the Vmax engines on those sleds stock or did Bender work them up,if so what was done to them..

i was wandering about the engine in the outlaw to..i also wonder what mods have been performed to the phazer sx,and the hp,topspeed and some more pics of the avalanche

Anyone know what hp the Avalanches were rated at, just curious hard to find info on Bender's old racers.

Back