Exciter and 2 1/8th track

2" on my Exciter SX

Well I have 1.5" lugs on the outside, 1.75" in the middle. I think that they rub on the front of the tunnel while braking hard. She hooks up now, can wheelie! I have 18 X 33 gearing with the 8 tooth drivers. Before I switched the track I had 17 X 33 and could hit 136 kph, now with my set up I am hitting 117 kph but she comes out of the hole super quick. My bro has a 2004 AC 440 Sno Pro on CL11 race gas and he could take me out of the hole but I would beat em past mid range. I bet we will be the same now, I don't have a hot start either! So I'm gonna stick to this, 1.75 Ripsaw, clipped every window, Wahl Bros 8 tooth extrovert drivers, probably 19 X 31 gearing will get you 70-80 mph. Still pull hard, drop all of the oil injection. Run 50:1 premix, premium fuel, Bender single pipe, I have the PSI duals but what you gain in HP, you lose in weight! 152.5 MJ, 3 rd clip position, 55 pilot, stock needle, stock nozel, 1.5-2.0 turns out on the fuel screw. Seems to run a slight rich but will keep the engine together. I installed a set of TPI "Dial A jets. Got em dialed, ran strong, noticed that I pinched the one fuel line between the float bowl and the carb, need to run 90 degree elbows for that set up! TPI is sending me some.

She rocks guys, pictures to follow. Bruce @ PSI told me to remove the first 10" of exhaust wrap from my pipes, may help with the bottom end power.

Exciter SX project.

Here's some pictures of the project. I now have an AD Boivin skid to put in, it is a 121" skid, can I move it back 7" and not run an extension?

Attachments

• Exciter SX with 1.25 Ripsaw, 9 tooth drivers-1.JPG
    Exciter SX with 1.25 Ripsaw, 9 tooth drivers-1.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Exciter SX with 1.25 Ripsaw, 9 tooth drivers-2.JPG
    Exciter SX with 1.25 Ripsaw, 9 tooth drivers-2.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Exciter SX 0.19 ground off-1.JPG
    Exciter SX 0.19 ground off-1.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 9 vs 8 vs 7.JPG
    9 vs 8 vs 7.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Exciter SX with 1.5-1.75 challenger-1.JPG
    Exciter SX with 1.5-1.75 challenger-1.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 13
Is that a SX with a standard hood?
I was thinking the SX had a little different hood shape under the fairing?
It looks like it make a SWEET ride, wish I still had my SX to make a boonedocking mod out of.

Exciter SX with 90 Exciter hood and front panels.

Yeah, I picked up a full body kit from a 1990 Exciter. I have the stock skins but need to strip the hood and give her some fresh paint. What do you guy's think, should I polish the tunell and go flat black or stick with the red and black? Thanks.

AD Boivin extension showed up today, Exciter SX is gonna be pimp'n!

Got the new extension plates today, new 136" Hyfax, just wait'n on the Vmax 600 gears now! Got to put the 8" risers and fat bars on too!

What did you do for a throttle cable? I put a 2'' riser on mine with the stock cables and that was the biggest I could fit in there.

AD Boivin in now.

Got the AD Boivin in now, Dial A jets, gonna put in Vmax struts and a Bender long travel kit as well. Still need to put on the 8" risers as well.

Attachments

• 1993 SX Boivin-2.JPG
    1993 SX Boivin-2.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 1993 SX Boivin-1.JPG
    1993 SX Boivin-1.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 1993 SX Boivin-3.JPG
    1993 SX Boivin-3.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 8
  • AD Boivin Expert-1.JPG
    AD Boivin Expert-1.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 8
1993 Exciter SX

You bet, that's the original hood, actually all original panels. The Ad Boivin rocks man, it actually works, super plush, should did pretty good too! Got the Vmax struts in with the Bender long travel kit, they seem to balance the jacked skid. Need to do some fabricating to get the strut covers to work though. Will work on the risers hopefully this week. I have a turbo project ATV that I have been working on and I have to swap some cams.

Check out the twin PSI pipes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmCWtVvKQHo

1993 Exciter SX finally dialed.

Well I finally got the old girl dialed up, then I crashed her. She bucked me off and I think I may have got the worst of it???

Just about got her rebuilt again. Need ski's though!

Attachments

• Busted Helmet-1.JPG
    Busted Helmet-1.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Spy Curtis-21.JPG
    Spy Curtis-21.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Exciter SX busted-1.JPG
    Exciter SX busted-1.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Go Hard Wee-todd-1.JPG
    Go Hard Wee-todd-1.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 3
  • SX with risers-1.JPG
    SX with risers-1.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 6
1993 Exciter SX mod now

Got her back together again, let's see how she handles now??

Attachments

• 1993 Exciter SX mod 8 inch risers-1.JPG
    1993 Exciter SX mod 8 inch risers-1.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 1993 Exciter SX mod 8 inch struts-1.JPG
    1993 Exciter SX mod 8 inch struts-1.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 1993 Exciter SX mod Right side.JPG
    1993 Exciter SX mod Right side.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 11
i have 8 non slip drivers on mine with a 1.5 trck its rubs a bit but im not worried i dont have studs and i am paying close attention there made by wahl bros www.wahlbrosracing.com they go down to 7 i will have pics up soon i am making a boon docker

not to mention running outer drivers can actuallly cause a track to ratchet by removing the outers it allows the track to wrap around the drivers and grab harder i had a ratcheting problem with my 78 srx and was told to remove the outer drivers (guide wheels) and no more problems did the same with my 88 exciter with the Aaen mod vmax motor and speed track and it has yet to ratchet at launch

Back