Minnesota TY Ride who's coming

Stop it......Or you will have to make room in your bed for me on that weekend....I will drive 5 hours...I'm not sure how far that will take me.....What are you doing that weekend. Could you meet me somewhere and we can ride.......?

You guys realize this is 3 weeks out yet. In this state we can be three days out and go from super to crap and vice versa. One of the joys of MN riding. Or on area can be shot, and another 100 miles up or down the road can be great.

Would anyone object if I drove up on Friday and rode, went home, and drove back up Saturday and did it again?

Ryan B said:
You guys realize this is 3 weeks out yet. In this state we can be three days out and go from super to crap and vice versa. One of the joys of MN riding. Or on area can be shot, and another 100 miles up or down the road can be great.

Would anyone object if I drove up on Friday and rode, went home, and drove back up Saturday and did it again?

I know its 3 weeks out, but I really want to go and the weather turns warm like this, the nice base we had its gone.....I still have faith.

It's fine with me if you want to ride and go back home, I don't see a problem...

Hope to see you there.

Nick

Hey Nick, up here in the northern suburbs I don't think it looks that bad. So just remember that Park Rapids is further North and doesn't get as warm as down here. Plus they have more base than here.

Update: I rode 150 miles up there this past weekend temps Sat and Sun were 38 and 26 trails took a big hit on Saturday but there's is still a decent base on 95% of the trail. If we can get through this next warm spell there's a chance for 4 - 8 according to Johndee.com all we can do is see what mother nature has in store for us. Ryan I see no reason why you could'nt run back and forth my place is about 8 miles down the heartland trail so I may just do the same depending on how many people decide to come.

Cool. It's a bit of a haul, but I think it will be me and friend of mine on Friday and then I'll have my wife and maybe my daughter on Saturday. Should be a good time. About what time does the train leave the station each morning??

Sounds like I'm going to be sitting in the hot tub by myself....LOL

Now I'm getting excited.....I will call the hotel and booked my room by this weekend

Nick

I'm guessing I'll be riding my sled over each day to avoid having to trailer. Who knows, maybe my cheap arse will even spring for a hotel room to avoid missing any of the nightlife.

Ryan, you could trailer to Backus Friday and ride over with me if you'd prefer.

Ryan B said:
Cool. It's a bit of a haul, but I think it will be me and friend of mine on Friday and then I'll have my wife and maybe my daughter on Saturday. Should be a good time. About what time does the train leave the station each morning??

We usually hook up around 8:30-9:00 in the lobby for the rides and are on the trails by 10:00.
If it's a real small group the wife was talking about doing breakfast for everyone at the house before the ride still working out the details on that one.
Hopefully conditions will improve and some additional snow will fall before then so we can finally have the first actual Mn ride and not the 3rd annual cancellation :o|
Next year this will be in January I've always tried to pick a weekend so it didn't conflict with another TY ride but that never seems to work out!

I talked to a guy today at my mechanic's shop that has a cabin in the Park Rapid area and said that the snow is still holding great so:

Got my room booked a few minutes ago..... ;)!

Nick

It's beautiful out. 35 and rain. What more could we ask for? Too bad the low didn't track 300 miles to the east. oh well. Still two weeks out. Might snow 2 feet between now and then or it might not.

:o| :o| :o| :o| :o|

I have a room booked for me, I will wait till that wednesday to cancel tough, I hope I don't have to...

I know it's hard but Accuweather calls for SNOW from next tuesday till sunday in the area.....

Got my fingers crossed.

NICK

Back