My modified mountain sled

man I bet if you get it all sorted that thing should have a hell of a long set of legs. need to re-gear? still geared for the original motor? thats pretty great though, nice work man. and way to just do it all yourself!! awesome all around!

Did you ever find any pictures of actually putting the skid in?
Would you use that skid again if you were doing another one?

KEVIN said:
Did you ever find any pictures of actually putting the skid in?
Would you use that skid again if you were doing another one?
No pics of skid install. It's a decent skid, I am sure there are better ones a guy could use.

nice job sifton.
kinda along the lines what i'll be doing to my 80 exciter. minus the engine swap.
just picked up a 133 skid for it & slowly getting the parts ready for my build.

xt_gt said:
nice job sifton.
kinda along the lines what i'll be doing to my 80 exciter. minus the engine swap.
just picked up a 133 skid for it & slowly getting the parts ready for my build.
Thanks- 133? Whats that out of?

polaris made 133 inch on the trail touring sleds xtra10 made too carry too ppl so if set up right rode like a dream loved it my mom has one

buyer i bought it from said it was out of a early vmax 440? & held a 133" track. so i don't know if the skid was set back, or if it's 133" rail set-up.
didn't pay too much for it, we'll see when i get it.

I just got a 340 deluxe, has only 2000 miles on it. Whats the best skid to use or does it not matter.. I've found a few skids on ebay idk which one I should use though. Definately hoping to get the same results as you have so I can tear up the powder this winter!

Not sure what the best skid is. Each guy has his own ideas. You can pick them up cheap. Look on Snowest. There is a good selection. I just finished my 340.

I found a guy who is selling a 1990 exciter 121 rear skid and track for 150 bucks? Would this be a good one to swap in?

Back