Old Srx Lovers Here. 3:16

YAMMIEGOD3:16

KEEP A EYE ON SNO-GOER MAGAZINE. I HELPED THE EDITIOR DO A VINTAGE TIME PIECE ON THE SRX 440. MOST OF THE ARTICLE WILL FEATURE THE 1980 SRX 440 D. 3:16 (yammie tony)

that is great news yammie! how did you happen to land that gig?love reading stories about one of the greatest all time sleds! dont think i will ever part with my 78 srx

Attachments

• resized-Picture 709.jpg
    resized-Picture 709.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 23
EDITOR FOR NORTHEAST IS VERY GOOD FRIEND OF MINE. HE REMEMBERED I RACED 440 SRX,s YEARS AGO AND HAD LOTS OF INFO ON THEM. I PRETTY MUCH PAST ANY INFO I COULD TO HIM. HE USED MY NAME IN THE ARTICLE. THE FOCUS WILL BE ON THE 1980 SRX. I TOO LOVE THE 78 SRX. HAD ONE LIKE NEW YEARS AGO THAT FLEW. HEY, WHILE YOU HERE. I JUST PICKED UP A NICE 93 EXCITER SX FROM 94 MAX (mark ). YOU HAVE A EXTRA SERVICE MANUAL YOU CAN LET GO. 3:16 (yammie tony)

CHECKED TODAY, THAT MANUAL MIGHT POSSIBLEY STILL BE AVAILABLE FROM YAMAHA WHICH WOULD BE A MIRCLE. DYNO, THATS AWSOME. YOU STILL HAVE IT ? 3:16 (yammie tony)

dynofun said:
Hey Tony, did you see who owns the very first 1977 SRX ever built? :)

Hang on dude - the first 1977 SRX is owned by a guy in Bracebride On. We have that in writing from Yamaha.

Maybe the guy you are talking about has the 1st production 77 Yamaha.

My friend has the 1st pre-production...of which 100 were built and supposed to have been destroyed.

Either way...both are lucky...as I don't have one.

Sorry Bob, you just haven't been updated yet. And BTW, Doug speaks very highly of you!

P.S. I was told there were only 3-4 Pres made and I find it hard to believe since they don't seem to exist. Funny #1 survived by coincidence.

This is wild...I just got an email from Doug.....I was asking about some oval races in Ontario....I have a broken ankle for two more weeks....so I'm trying to figure out how to get to the race this weekend...3 hours away from Niagara......

Anyway he said.....SRX, it's now in... private :dunno: He told me where - but i won't print it.

Yikes.....

That sled was at Yamaha Motor Canada....the rep - just happened to be from Quebec..and that's where he took it.

Things were not as "defined" back then. I think I spoke to his son a few years ago...be fun to try and find him. 100 was the usual # could be any.... My old pre-production 338 GPX is still floating around in the area...as well

Did he give you the emails from Yamaha for proof, if not I still have the originals. ? If he sold it to you...he must have thought you were OK.

Bob

Last edited:
Thanks Bob! I did get copies from Doug but it would be great if you could forward them to me. We had a good visit and could have gone on for hours. I was trying to get going to get a jump on the return trip but I should have got a room and stayed to visit.

Rick

Dougs says you are going to re-store it..so you will not be racing it?

Did you see his twin tracker? I was supposed to ride it - on Sunday 4 weeks ago but I broke my leg the Saturady before. They have a track on the lake.

ya..he is the boss of the land fill sites....great guy...he gave me an apart 1980 SRX for the information.

I'll dig thru my files for that email...I'l have to delate the inside Yamaha addresses....but the confirmation is still there.

Hay Tony I have some service manuals on cd and there is one for the 93 Exciter SX I will make a copy of it and send it to you . I will email it to you next week. Jeff..

RJH said:
Dougs says you are going to re-store it..so you will not be racing it?

Did you see his twin tracker? I was supposed to ride it - on Sunday 4 weeks ago but I broke my leg the Saturady before. They have a track on the lake.

ya..he is the boss of the land fill sites....great guy...he gave me an apart 1980 SRX for the information.

I'll dig thru my files for that email...I'l have to delate the inside Yamaha addresses....but the confirmation is still there.

I probably won't be racing it. It is just too rare and original. If it had ever been raced it would be different. There has never been a stud in the track. From what I can tell, the suspension has never been out of it. The star washers in the bolts that hold it in are in their original spots. (divits) The sled looks like it has had very little use.
It will be completely disassembled, reassembled, weighed exact, and put on a dyno. The parts that really matter are in unbelievable condition. (bulkhead, tunnel, skis, and suspension) Except for the original stress cracks in the hood, it will be perfect!

I met Doug at a Hotel so I didn't get to see his stuff. I would love to visit with you guys for hours.

Thanks,

Rick Duhn

Back