Old Srx Lovers Here. 3:16

Sounds good...good to hear….90% of vintage owners claim to have huge depth...and have no clue on the real meat of that and similar sleds.

You may want to contact Yamaha USA about finding a supposed to be crushed #1 …I am aware they have borrowed vintage sleds from collectors…for dealer meetings and trade shows…might be few bucks in it for you…..and what is the purpose of owning a vintage sled…showing it.

We quit in 76 but a dealer gave me a 77 to race when we had time.

That sled is in Ontario still.....the new owner has passed...and I'm trying to get the nerve up to see if she will sell it. It does not hold a candle to your find, as the guy had the engine ports done, so it’s probably making about 5HP less and it has a comet clutch.

In addition…to win you need just 1 thing better on the sled. So the one here has had the caster straightened 4 degrees…the suspension has a 12” long spring mounted on the front skid where it attaches to the rails pushing the front of the skid down.

The thing will rip your arms off at the start….and actually turns at the end of a straight.

Hay Tony,
Nice article on the SRX . I think it could be said the this is the sled that started the muscle or lake racers that we have today. Also did the CD work OK for you ?

:yam:

YAMMIEGOD3:16 said:
JEFF THANK YOU FOR THAT CD. AND GLAD YOU ENJOYED THE ARTICLE. NEXT I AM GONNA WORK ON DAVE TO DO THE VMAX 540. 3:16 (yammie tony)

I know this is bringing back an old thread (I have been doing a ton of reading) but do you have a link to the article on the old SRX or the Vmax540?
My dad had a '83Vmax- I loved that sled

Back