Phazer pipe

phazerguy

Just picked up a psi pipe for a phazer. What is the difference between the one that exits out the stock hole and the one that you have to cut a hole in the pan for?

Thanks

Hmm i did not realy understand your question.Does your pipe exit the stock hole?i you have to cut a new hole,you may have the wrong y-pipe

I'll try to post a pic later. It does say psi on it. fits fine everywhere except at
the end, needs a hole about 2-3 inches behind stock hole.

Is there anywhere that sells good used phazer parts? Id love to put a pipe on my phazer, but i sure dont want to pay a couple hundred bucks for a pipe on a '88 phazer. Especially since I'm getting a new sled next season.

phazerguy said:
I'll try to post a pic later. It does say psi on it. fits fine everywhere except at
the end, needs a hole about 2-3 inches behind stock hole.

I had this also and found out the pipe was actually for a exciter. I have three phazers all with PSI pipes they should have a return curl at the end so it goes out the stock hole

I am running the follwoing:
MAN102/221 152.5 jet
YA90501-520A9-00 Compression spring
YA8VO-W176A-00-00 Weights

towman said:
has any body did the carb mod to needle? how does it work
I did not change my needle just the jets. Did someone tell you that the needle had to be modified?

There is no needle in those carbs. do a search on the phazer carb mod and you will be able to find the info you need. What is your riding style? Aggressive or do you do a lot of slow riding? If you stay out of the midrange you won't need to do anything but change to mains and maybe pilots. I ran 105 pilots and 147.5 to 150 mains and never had the sled burn a piston and thats with a ported engine.

If it is a PSI pipe it should exit out the stock hole. PSI did build a set of twin phazer pipes but that was a different story in itself. Now AAEN built a single pipe that exited out the stock hole called the Quiet can for trail use and they also had a Race pipe that did exit out the side panel which needed to be cut. That pipe was for a race ported motor only and was loud too. Hauck used the Race pipe on his improved stock Phazers years ago.

Back