Custom Sno-X Viper Clone

Here is a couple updated pics! yes they are white headlight covers.

Attachments

• TY Pic Viper.jpg
    TY Pic Viper.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 176
  • TY Pic Viper 2.jpg
    TY Pic Viper 2.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 172

where did you get them white headlight covers? and i also like that little white stripe along the edge of the cab! you do great work bud.

Hatch said:
Upper shock mounted bracket pic. Modified SX brackets.

This build is one of the best ever -- It's too bad the Sno-X Viper didnt carry over more into public's version, because I really like the Snow-X a lot. And I love the Viper looks, it just would have bene that much better!

And getting those Float II's on there like you did with those sweet after market trailing arms is just a work of art -- great job!

Another way to do it is to find after market clevis style brackets that'll fit Floats and drill into attach those clevis brackets to the Viper bulkhead. That's what was done to mine.

Here are a pics:

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0118-1.jpg

Man I love Floats. They improve the ride of any sled IMO.

:WayCool: :WayCool: :flag:

Mike

Is it bad if a sled that looks this good gets me as excited as Bikini season and a house on a beach???!!! LMFAO

That is a gorgeous piece of AWESOME!!!!!

I'll ship you my Viper when I buy it!!!

Those brackets on your viper look just like what I have on mine, but I modified mine to run the long float shocks. You can order them brackets right from Yamaha. Just ask for the 97' SX shock brackets! You could also look up the part# yourself. I used the float 2's meant for a F-7 or crossfire. They are like 18.75 CTC.

Scott,

You've really done a great job on your sled. That thing has turned out awesome. I remember crossing paths with you at Lac Labelle a couple of years ago while riding in the U.P. on my SRX.

I'd really like to see that thing out on the snow. It should really soak up the bumps now. Do you have any trips planned for the U.P. this year?

Don

Hatch nice meeting you in Alex today. Viper looks awesome, really nice job. I hope your happy with the M10. Hope to see you one the trail some day.

Don

Hatch said:
Those brackets on your viper look just like what I have on mine, but I modified mine to run the long float shocks. You can order them brackets right from Yamaha. Just ask for the 97' SX shock brackets! You could also look up the part# yourself. I used the float 2's meant for a F-7 or crossfire. They are like 18.75 CTC.

if you are ever looking for someone to ride with this winter, me and my dad love to ride ditches. i just finished my custom ditch banger. we live inbetween nelson and alex.

see you on the trail!!!

I don't live in the alex area, sorry. Just picked up a suspension in that area.
Might be selling a polaris version M-10 here soon. Its a 136". If anyones interested in long traveling there Viper or other sled this would be a great upgrade. If interested PM me, thanks.

floats a direct bolt in on a 97 SX7? i have the upper shock mount, i am currently running viper shocks, looking for an upgrade soon. im sure this is a beat to death question.

but do i need to modify anything to make them handle and ride right?

I dont really know if there a direct bolt in. You could call carver performance and ask them if they have a float for that sled.

Pics of that Steering setup

Hatch said:
I dont really know if there a direct bolt in. You could call carver performance and ask them if they have a float for that sled.
Do you have any pics of that custom steering setup?

Hatch: I read that you has used float meant for a F-7 or crossfire and I wonder if I can use firecat front shocks on my Viper?

frederiksen said:
Hatch: I read that you has used float meant for a F-7 or crossfire and I wonder if I can use firecat front shocks on my Viper?

Yes, the F-7 is the same as the firecat. They are obviously not a direct bolt on, but if you get some different upper brackets you could probably make it work. I have aftermarket trailing arms, so the length you might need, might be different.

How are those Snow X System arms compared with mountain performance ones ?

Here is a link:
http://www.mountainperformance.com/yamaha_front_suspension.htm

Where did you buy yours by the way ?

I am going to start a new project: Yamaha Viper 151" with a 780 kit, skis, pipes, and shocks, and so on. And i want my viper a little higher in front, but not wider since i want to go sidehilling, and powder turns.

So i am wondering if those Snow X arms are wider or less wide than MP ones, and if they are higher or lower ? Which one should i go for ? I am going to put Fox floats 2 in the front with SLP Powder Pro skis or C&A, not decided which one is the best allround.

So what do you think ? :)

Sorry for my bad english.

Last edited:
I hardly ever come on here anymore, sorry. I see allot of guys raising the fronts of there sleds now. I found the arms from a guy on here, and they were from the Yamaha race team. U prob. Won't be able to find arms like mine anymore. Those ones you found should work good.Musselman just raised the front of his, maybe he was some more info...

You should ! :) Ah, thanks a lot. Your viper looks really good. And this post has helped me a lot. I am going to start my modifactions soon, and I will try to attain the exactly same front as you did. I am just curious about your custom made RAK steering.

Back