SnoScoot S-1 Project

Boomer

Lifetime Member
Here's a few pictures of a 'Scoot project that I've been chipping away at since last fall. I picked up the 'Scoot from a friend of a fellow TY member at Hay Days. He had started the project by tearing the sled completely down, and having the frame and suspension stripped and powdercoated. He also custom built a Fox shock with a remote reservior that has an adjustable compression rebound clicker. A new track was also installed. The sled was virtually like new when I got it, except for the seat and cowling.

Since he had done most of the work restoring the sled, I only needed to change the looks. I wanted to give the 'Scoot a modern look, but still have a retro style. I decided to go with the look from the 50th Anniversary R-1 bike that used the yellow colors that Yamaha used on some of the bikes from the 70's-80's. I also had the seat cover changed, along with mounting some C&A mini skis.

Let me know what you think......

Attachments

• R-1.jpg
    R-1.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 33
  • S1Front.jpg
    S1Front.jpg
    475.7 KB · Views: 71
  • S1-Rear.jpg
    S1-Rear.jpg
    499.7 KB · Views: 48
  • S1-Side1.jpg
    S1-Side1.jpg
    485.8 KB · Views: 43
  • FoxShock.jpg
    FoxShock.jpg
    465.1 KB · Views: 41

There is a scoot at a dealership just outside the city.I would buy it,but he wants to much for it.I will keep an eye out on it,they may drop the price when summer kicks around and they want it gone from showroom floor.

what size motor is in that scoot you have.I just checked the dealers site and the sno scoot they have for sale has 2 ski's and it is only a 80cc motor.They still want $2599 for it.This is mosty for youg kids to ride.I need one with more ponies under the hood,

take stock sled from yamaha and SHAZAM!!, you do to yamaha what they should/could of done ...nice work Boomer you have the knack.

2ooosrx said:
How did the wear bar work on the 120?

Bruce

Bruce....The custom wear bars that you had made for me are a perfect fit for the C&A mini skis that are mounted on the SnoScoot. I'll be using the other sets of bars that you made on the two other 'Scoots that I'm working on. You do good work. Thanks for helping out on my projects. ;)!

Thanks for the comments guys. With the yellow color on this 'Scoot, I didn't want anyone to mistake it for some kind of Ski Doo. The motor on this 'Scoot is the stock 80cc unit. I've got a couple of other 'Scoots that I'd like to work on this spring/summer as time permits. These will hopefully have a few more mods to make them go through the snow better than a stocker.

Nice sno-scoot Don! I like the graphics! I always thought Yamaha would have came out with a smaller sled but never have. That is perfect for a young starter. Great job Again! Scott

That looks awesome Boomer!
I know where there is a scoot about 20 mins from my house just sitting in a guys garage.
He will take $500 for it. Runs great, but needs a track ansd some cosmetic stuff.
I have been quietly looking for a used track all winter for it.
Cheers,
Rick.

Thanks for the comments guys. It's been sorta' quiet on the forums lately. It's good to see that there's still some hard core sledders around here during the summer.

The current 'Scoot project that I'm working on is going to have a longer track set up than the stocker comes with. Hopefully I'll have that one ready to go for this winter. I'm chipping away slowly on that one as time allows.

Scoot

Looks great. Just started working on our Sno Scoot, doubt I will make it look like yours, bought it for the kids and I know that they are going to really drive it. In regards to HP, the family has a second Scoot and it will do 35 mph on a groomed trail with a 170 rider. Struggles in the ungroomed snow but I still got it to around 20 mph. Floats pretty well overall.
Tim

Looks great... I also want to put plastic skis on my 88 Scoot. I hear both the C and R or PowerMadd mini ski's will work, but I'm worndering if there is a specific saddle that needs to be ordered to make them fit. Does anyone know exactly what part numbers need to be ordered?

I also have a Phazer fairing on my Scoot. It bolts right on using stock hardware and looks great.

Paul

machine looks awesome great job real curious about the type of paint you used? brand name and also how did it hold up???.

Back