SnoScoot S-1 Project

I have a scoot that I want to put the mini c & a's on. How do they perform? Do they have a saddle for these or do you just modify one? My youngest is 3yrs and ready to rock the scoot! thanks

Barney,

Those C&A mini skis really improve the handling, along with carrying the front end better when the snow gets deeper. I got some aluminum mounts for the skis from Tony at his now defunct Bullheadmoto shop. You should be able to make them fit by using some other C&A mounting kits, but you'll probably have to end up removing the metal stopper that's welded on the bottom of the a-arm so that the C&A ski will fit. With his aluminum mounts it moved the ski down so that clearing that plate wasn't an issue.

If you do pick up some C&A skis, do not use any of their carbides with the SnoScoot. They are way to aggressive, and really make it hard to turn. Contact Bruce at CB Performance. He made me some really nice steel wear rods for these skis that work great.

Here are a couple of pics of my Son's scoot. Not as sweet as yours but I like it.

Attachments

• DSC00582ss.jpg
    DSC00582ss.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC00583ss.jpg
    DSC00583ss.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 20
Sweet looking 'Scoot phazernut. Those C&A minis really look really nice on the sled. So does the blue seat cover and handguards. It would be interesting to see how many TY members have a 'Scoot or SnoSport. It would be fun to have a TY ride sometime with the 'wee ones.

has anyone noticed where the belt rides on the clutches. I have a 1988 scoot that I noticed that the belt doesnt go all the way up on the secondary clutch, it act likes its starting out in second gear. I have cleaned and inspected both clutches.

By the way, super nice looking scoots.

Back