911.... Question

SnowBandit

Website
www.slednewengland.com
I was drilling out my belly pan and went through the coolant hose under the clucthes with a small drill. I have a coolant heater to install... Could I simply cut out the drilled section and put the coolant heater there? Where is this hose in respect to the coolant system? Is it the return into the engine?

Or could I repair this hose some how?

Or do I need to replace the house? It was a small drill bit. Any help would be great...

Where would you guys put the engine heater? I couldn't find any good areas to mount it.

Thank
SnowBandit

Ya I know.. But time is very limited right now.. :( Do you know if that is the return hose into the engine? Cause if it is I will cut the hole out and put the block heater there.

just replace it, no engine removal is necesary. I have a picture of my 2000srx here with the engine out of it and you can see how it goes on. After the hose passes through the bulkhead, it only goes about two more inches so you can reach through the bulk head and put it on. Here are the pictures.

I hope you can see it, if not I can take some more pictures. BTW to zoom in double click the actual picture.

Attachments

• PA311318.JPG
    PA311318.JPG
    504.5 KB · Views: 27
  • PA311317.JPG
    PA311317.JPG
    508.2 KB · Views: 25
  • PA311316.JPG
    PA311316.JPG
    449.7 KB · Views: 20
  • PA031186.JPG
    PA031186.JPG
    507.9 KB · Views: 16
  • PA031188.JPG
    PA031188.JPG
    504.5 KB · Views: 20
the clamp is just insid the fram hole. you can get it with needle nose. change it.
the heater (not sure why you need one) you want in the hose thatcomes off the pump. this is the lowest hose that has access to the motor. anyother hose wont heat as good. the hose you cut will only heat the front heatexchanger and then the motor indirectly.

2000srx that was nice of you to pull youre motor just to show someone else where a hose is routed. your awsome. lol

latter
lippy

To be honest with you, my motor is actually still out of my sled, I have to put it in one of these days, I am putting back together both suspensions right now, front and rear, I just havent gotten around to it.

Back