Banshee build

I have actually put a bit of time into this thing recently, and just finished putting the motor back together on new cases. I leak tested the motor, and it holds presure nicely. Just fired it up and took it for a very short spin on the street (down 4 houses and back), and it seems quite psychotic. :) Lovin' it. I'll take it out for one ride, then park it for the winter, since it's just about time to drag out the trail sled for a few changes that I have up my sleeve. :)

Last edited:

Guys, I am thinking about getting rid of this bike. Yes, I know it took me a year to build it, and I just finished it, but I really don't have very much desire to ride it. I really have no idea why I built it. Atleast it gave me something to do while I was on strike.

I have alot of time and money invested in this, so I will entertain reasonable offers for it, and consider trades.

Here is a pretty thorough list of parts and mods:

68mm bore Cheetah Powervalve cylinders
23cc pump gas domes, and 19cc domes for 110 octane race fuel
4mm Hotrods stroker longrod crankshaft
adjustable stator plate
chrome original in frame Rocket pipes
Billet exhaust clamps
Billet front and rear exhaust hangers
Billet Pingel dual outlet fuel valve
Keihin 35mm PWK carburetors
Chariot Racing billet float bowls
Chariot Racing billet intakes
V-Force 3 reeds
K&N Filters with outerwears
Tusk racing clutch with heavy duty springs
Billet water pump impeller
Billet 3 piece stator cover
Billet water cover
Chrome clutch cover insert
Laker custom black front and rear fenders
Billet JDS tribal flame front grille
Billet gas cap
Billet oil dip stick
Billet throttle cover
ODI lock-on grips
Billet rear brake reservoir and cap
Braided stainless steel front and rear brake lines
Yamaha R1 rear master cylinder
Renthal handlebars and pad
Billet handlebar clamp
ASV clutch lever
Chrome Tarantula racing rear grab bar
Billet R.I.S. designs front bumper
Chrome Trailtech headlights
Yamaha R6 LED rear tail light
YFZ450 front a-arms, polished aluminum upper, powder coated lower
YFZ450 spindles and rotors
YFZ450 larger ball joints, and extended steering rods
Elka Duner front YFZ450 shocks
aluminum nerf bars with black nets
4" extended swingarm
D.I.D. gold x-ring chain for longer swingarm
chrome Geforce adjustable +4" rear axle
Maxxis Razr 2 tires
All bolts and nuts are polished stainless steel from AlloyBoltz.com

Powder coating:

The frame, swingarm, lower a-arms, crank cases, motor mounts, steering post, handlebars, rear carrier, spindles, rear spring, nerf bar mounts, kicker, brake lever, and clutch cover have been powder coated 'Wet Black'. The rear wheel hubs, brake rotor hub, and sprocket hub has been powder coated red.

Polished aluminum:

I have polished the cylinders, cylinder head, upper front YFZ450 a-arms, nerf bars, rear shock, rear dogbone, water pump cover, stator cover,

Every bearing, bushing, and seal is new. Everything is either chrome, polished, or powder coated. This bike is brand new. It has been run for some slight testing, but is not yet 100% dialed in. It will make roughly 85 rear wheel horsepower on pump gas. I also have 19cc domes that will be included if you want to run 110 octane race fuel.

Since these pictures were taken, I have added the billet flame grille, billet front RIS bumper, and the billet stator cover.

DSCN3393.jpg

DSCN3389.jpg

Last edited:
great looking Banshee! I'm sure it would be a blast to ride. I prefer a Grizzly for most of my riding, but I always have the Banshee in the back of my mind for the pits around Timmins.

Back