Bought me a Harley today

no1chevyboy said:
my problem is there are no american parts in imports (a part that is made by a american company and purchased by the import company and other companys)

Having worked for and with suppliers, this is simply not true.

well snomo im all ears what part on lets say your sled did an american company make and a brand new yamaha cycle?( the part was designed and tooled from material in the usa)not designed and tooled by import and assembled in usa.

no1chevyboy said:
well snomo im all ears what part on lets say your sled did an american company make and a brand new yamaha cycle?( the part was designed and tooled from material in the usa)not designed and tooled by import and assembled in usa.

I didn't say my sled had any parts made in the USA. It was you that made the sweeping statement that "imports" have no parts manufactured in the USA and I responded that this isn't true. Why or how you could make such a blanket statement is beyond me.

When I worked for a supplier we sold parts to Nissan, Toyota and other off shore brands. A friend that works for an NVH specialty company has Honda and Toyota as his two biggest customers. Not all of his manufacturing facilities are based in the states or even North America, but some are still here... for now.

I'm not looking to get into a pissing contest with you, but think before you make such blanket statements you have no way of backing up... it's just plain silly.

hay chevy just ignore mofo idiot likes to argue but as you can see cant produce facts just like a lib speading propaganda not facts. i understand what your saying sorry seal great choice on the bike!!!!! go usa!!!!!!!!!

Why is everybody so hypocritical towards an American bike that's been around for over 100 years?

No they are not the fastest and no they wont run against a sport bike but they are alot of fun and beautiful bikes

Congrats!!

V-TWIN FTW

I have a V-ROD myself, and love it.

Coming from a Jap bike (Yamaha) it is totally different, and for me i'm less likely to do something stupid on it besides speeding of course!

I really don't care either way to or against Harleys. I like some and not others. what is difficult to swallow is the way the people who typically ride the Harley try to be like. I mean a dentist who rides a Harley and try's to be a bad a$$ on a ride is rediculas. Just ride and have fun why do they try to be someone their not? Congrats on the new ride though. Al

congrats on the bike welcome to the family. al you would have to own one to understand it changes people in some way or another some as you described but they don't care what you think they are having fun. tom see you're local hd dealer and join a chapter it's lots of fun and you'll get to share you're joy for harleys like the guys on this site do with their yamis. just serviced mine and but it to bed for the winter tonight, it was a sad time the only upside was that the nytro was 4' feet away.

motor tech said:
hay chevy just ignore mofo idiot likes to argue but as you can see cant produce facts just like a lib speading propaganda not facts. i understand what your saying sorry seal great choice on the bike!!!!! go usa!!!!!!!!!

MT - I'll give you points for both being born in a great year and for also sharing my son's birthday. But you lose some for being lazy.

Seeing as this is a bike thread, I apologize to chevy as he may be closer to being right with regards to bikes. I'm not aware of any Asian brands being assembled here. Without the logistics advantage it may very well be that there is 0 % American made content.

But autos were mentioned too and to suggest that none of the off shore Asian or European brands have American made parts (yes - designed, engineered and produced) flat out isn't true. For references see the multiple suppliers around the S.E. Michigan area and ask who they're customers are.

Having riden both, I'd probably pick the HD for a street bike if for no other reason that I'd stay alive a little longer.

...and HD riders do get more chicks but Jr's momma wouldn't think that a plus... and I'd probably turn into the drag pipe Nazi because as someone mentioned, I do like to arg... er, ah, speak my mind.

Finally, after yesterday's reminder at Ft. Hood about guys like you putting your fortunes and lives on the line to protect us whinners -

THANK YOU TOM for YOUR SERVICE and congrats on the new ride.

God bless America

My buddy finally shipped me the bike this past weekend at it will arrive at my house this weekend friday or saturday. Gonna get my piss pot and carrhart jacket and go for my first ride.. I cant wait.

Here is a picture he sent me of it in the crate when the crate was partially assembled. I got to hear it run on the phone before he put the screws and rest of the siding on. He has to fold down the handle bars for clearance as you can see the clutch handle pointing up.. Notice the twin air horn on the right and hyper charger on the left.

Not he best picture but will have much better ones up when I un-crate it in my drive way

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 10
I am a biker, but I don't like Harleys. That's fine, it is your money to buy what makes you happy:)

Enjoy the bike when in a few months:)

LOL Im from St Ignace Michigan right by the mackinaw bridge. In the service stationed down here.

Ill flying into the UP Jan 14th for 3 weeks to ride my sleds :) :)

Back