tunnel extension on phazer 2?

JordanHall488

hi,i got rail extensions an a 136 track for my 91 phazer 2...will i have to extend the tunnel? anyone ever made there own tunnel extension?
thanks everyone

You will need to extend the tunnel. Lots of ways to make an extension. Just depends on how much time, effort, and what you want it to look like when you are done. Or you can still purchase them from some retailers.

Here is one I built for a friend last year. I also built the rail extensions.

Attachments

• IMG_0329.JPG
    IMG_0329.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0331.JPG
    IMG_0331.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0334.JPG
    IMG_0334.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0338.JPG
    IMG_0338.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0324.JPG
    IMG_0324.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 31
Stock suspension but we made some rear drop brackets. The old phazers would always drag the snow flap. I raised it something like 2 inches which is just about right. You can see the brackets a little bit in one of the pictures. The extension was made out of steel and for the roll on the edge I found a piece of pipe same outside diameter as the tunnel and turned it down on my lathe to just fit snug inside of the factory rolled edge and then welded it to the extension. This added extra support for the extension when lifting the rear of the sled. You could make the same out off aluminum ,which I wanted to do but at that time was unable to weld aluminim. I think I still have the templates for the drop brackets if you need some measurements.

That is a sweet tunnel ext. You should sell those. That is the best one I've seen yet. I also need one.

nitris223 said:
Stock suspension but we made some rear drop brackets. The old phazers would always drag the snow flap. I raised it something like 2 inches which is just about right. You can see the brackets a little bit in one of the pictures. The extension was made out of steel and for the roll on the edge I found a piece of pipe same outside diameter as the tunnel and turned it down on my lathe to just fit snug inside of the factory rolled edge and then welded it to the extension. This added extra support for the extension when lifting the rear of the sled. You could make the same out off aluminum ,which I wanted to do but at that time was unable to weld aluminim. I think I still have the templates for the drop brackets if you need some measurements.

You got those dims and any pics of the templates?

looks good

Looks good how does it ride. I have 3 phazers and have wondered about lifting them up a bit with stock tracks and skids. how thick is the metal to make the lifters?

Back