Vmax-4 stroke

Excellent, sled goes straight and the motor stays in place. Waiting on youtube video to process now. We used the same clutching we used with this motor in an rx-1 with 13 lbs of boost. Just doing test runs at 10lbs it was over-revving like crazy in this chassis, had to throw a bunch more weight at it. Its a little soft in the first 60ft but once the turbo lights up it puts a pretty serious move on.

Towards the end of the day I started blowing the carbs out of the boots so I need to make some better intercooler brackets. I also need to get a better fuel pump on it so I can turn the boost up. Hoping to get times and mph next weekend. ;)!

Vmax-4.jpg

I know you guys are right. I honestly didn't think it was picking that far up until I saw the pictures afterward. Will get her adjusted before the weekend. Looking to get the boost turned up and I've also got a friend that is going to let me borrow an MC-4 ignition to try out. Hopefully I can get the studder figured out to build some boost on the line now.

If anyone has any timing curve info or a good curve for a boosted RX-1 that they wouldn't mind sharing please let me know.

Best picture in this thread still goes to Valin's avatar :shock:

What rpm are you engaging at the moment, and what kind of power are you making?

If you end up leaving with more power, you might have issues trying to keep it down with the 136 setup, providing you have enough traction.

I have it engaging at 3500 rpm. I know it sounds funny but if I engage it real low, I can actually powerbrake it for a split second before the launch to build some boost and still have it grab the belt well. Seems like the quicker I can load the motor and get it to boost the quicker the sled is.

With the turbo that's on it now I will only run about 14 lbs of boost, maybe 275hp. Will put something more serious together for next season. I think this suspension will work out ok for me, I just bolted the thing in there. It has had zero tuning so far, and the heavy front end should work somewhat in my favor.

Made some changes in the skid and got the front end staying down "better". May still need to roll the case back for some extra length. Here's a quick vid of me running a real strong viper and an 1108 cat, the cat wheelies out in this one. I ran him again later and squeezed him out by maybe a length. I've got it pulling down track real strong now but I need to get an MSD on it and start working the 60 ft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ADCaA4GOQc

the ski's seem to be riding high at the top end of the run, is this from wind drag? Extremly cool build. Would not have ever guessed it could have been done. Al

Back