inside of helmet shield freezing....any help?

Someone mentioned not breathing. This isn't as goofy as one would think. I've got into the habit of not breathing when slowing down for a stop and used to crack open my shield when stopped. (quote from snomofo)

couldnt agree more. this is what I do but am sick of the head rush I get. THis is my year for a new helmet!!!

Last edited:
Ryan B said:
Don't breath:) I finally went to a motocross helmet and goggles. Problem solved. Definitely need a dual lense and some of the fog treatment work. Breath deflector will help. I used to use a no fog which was pretty effective.

Thats what I did as well!

I have the HJC also, breath in thru your nose out thru your mouth, I also wear a neoprene mask under, Never fogs and no heated visor either.

Helmet

Spend the money on the Modular 2 helmet, Ive never fogged, never got cold, same goes for a friend of mine that bought his the same week I did. A fogging shield makes a great trip turn just okay, best 240.00 Ive ever spent. BTW normally I wear a lg but wish Id got a xl...fyi...Ill prolly buy another and give this one to the wife.

stagg65..I was thinking of looking into the laser thing,but did some reading on it and doesn't always worl 100%.Says you may still have to wear glasses for reading,depends on one's age also for the treatment.But I will look into it.Contacts are a no go.My wife tried them and they just irritated her eyes to much,was to much of a pain to wear..so she wears glasses.

I have a hjc also it has the dual lens I noticed if I scuff the nose deflectors padding..I will fog right away :o| I have been looking at a heated visor but I am worried about the wires. Do they get in the way? 12v power is not a problem I installed it in my gauge pod where the dcs light is on an 02 srx, works great.

I wear glasses when riding also . It used to be a huge pain. I got a NO-FOG mask and it works great. I still use Cat Crap on my glasses and helmet shield. Jeff Wurl

Might sound weird, but a tip from the scuba diving world.........I don't know if this only works on scuba masks, but your own spit works very well as a defogger! I have a feeling that it might only be with scuba though, since it is water-related. Worth a try though. You just spit on the glasses/mask, and rinse it lightly with water. Has to be your own spit of course!!!

I bought a new HJC last year, it only fogs slightly for me and only when it is really cold. I do naturely breath in through my nose out through my mouth though. I have noticed that when I'm riding. Sunday when I was out I did get some light "stars" of frost by the end of the ride. They looked real pretty when I was driving into the sunset...

today we rode one of the local trails and no for or ice inside but with the freezing drizzle we had ice formation on the outside. Alot. I would like to get a heated visor for my HjC also.

I wear contacts, I have for about 18 yrs, I like them waay more than glasses. If you're curious get some sample disposables, they are very thin. When I ride with the visor up, sometimes wind can actually get behind them = annoying. However trying to keep my glasses clear was driving me nuts, it's not a long trip but still... Laser surgery coming soon.
The only problem I know I would have with a heated visor would be getting off the sled and walking away- still tethered. :whine:

Back