Southeastern Minnesota Ride

Anybody still doing this or not? I'm not sure it is is worth it, but we are going to be at my mother-in-laws over the weekend, in Blooming Prairie, about an hour and 15 from Plainview... If I did anything it would probably work best on Sunday. (Just so you know my wife isn't real keen on it at the moment.)

I'm still game. I heard that the trails are still great but I would think that they would be rock hard with all the rain and warm weather. WE did get a little fresh snow 1 or 2 inches I'm going out tonight for a ride to check the trials to let you guys know if it is worth you guys coming all this way. I was going to go out Tue. but I was not feel very well. So I will let you guys know ASAP!

:brr Its cold out there .
Well.. the trails are hard and fast way better then I thought they would be.
the ditches are pretty good too. I only rode a couple miles its to cold tonight to go to far by myself.
So if you guys still would like to come down Sunday Im game. But if you need to reschedule I understand
So let me know ;)!

I will be good for the next weekend, it's allready to late for me to plan, sorry...

Maybe we get even more snow...

Nick

Mike, I'm going to be bring my sled down to my mother-in-laws this weekend in Blooming Prairie. My wife does not want me to go to Plainview either day. Because I have some other weekend trips planned I'm not going to push it with her. I'll be riding around on Sat. afternoon giving rides to the kids, but I'll be sneaking out early on Sunday for a solo ride, I might ride up to Wanamingo and back, we used to live there. Or maybe I'll just figure out a nice loop. Anyway, if you feel like coming over that way let me know. I'll PM my cell # to you.

Hey Mike, I just got back from Blooming Prairie. Nicely Groomed trails down that way and hardly any traffic... It's too bad we couldn't meet up, if I had more time I would have met you in Kasson, it would have been great to meet a fellow TYer. Anyway, hope to see you and other's in couple weeks in northern MN.

sleddineinar said:
Hey Mike, I just got back from Blooming Prairie. Nicely Groomed trails down that way and hardly any traffic... It's too bad we couldn't meet up, if I had more time I would have met you in Kasson, it would have been great to meet a fellow TYer. Anyway, hope to see you and other's in couple weeks in northern MN.

If you think the trials are nice you should of came down before the rain.To bad you have something going on next weekend. It suppose to snow Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri, and Sat and be in the 30's for the weekend. The trails over by me are a little more wooded so they hold the snow better. I wish I could of made it to Kasson also. Was it a cold ride? I still need to talk my wife into going up north. I just got done doing my Taxes and they came out a little better then we thought, so changes are good ;)!
Hope to see you up there

Mike it wasn't too cold, I only came across acouple brown spots, I was really impressed with the grooming. I saw maybe 14 sledders, 7 of those we saw when we were driving home. I put on maybe 150 miles, not sure because I forgot to put my speedo cable back on before we took off for Blooming Prairie. Jack and I got stuck on Sunday morning just outside of town in one of those deep drainage ditches. We got a little too close to the edge and went over, and stuck it nose first into a snowdrift. We had a lot of fun.

Nicko said:
I want to...how about you....?
I think I have the wife talked into going to MN ride. Did you book a room yet?

We got 3 or 4 more inches Monday so the trail are awesome. Nicko are you still coming Sunday
Is there anyone else that want to go?

I think my wife wants to come along on Sunday so we might be 2 of us, not sure if Andy is going to make it....

Nick

It maybe just the 3 of us then I think Andy said he was going to Ely this weekend and Don a guy I work with, broke his clutch in his Ditch pickle today.

Just to confirm... I'm going to Ely this weekend. Hope you guys have a great ride. I spoke to my brother today and he said the trails up there are in good shape, so I'm getting excited.

Last edited:
Have fun Andy, and call me when you get back to see if we can plan something for the next weekend or the TY ride.....

Nick

If anyone in the Southern Minnesota area is up for a ride, on Feb 13th, our club (Driftrunners) is hosting a trail-side Chili feed. This is a fairly large annual event and attracts a large amount of riders from other areas. If anyone is interested, the Driftrunners have a Facebook page. We are based out of Cresco, Ia, which is only an hour south of Rochester and about 2.5 from the twin cities. Anyone driving from the south can expect an hour drive from Waterloo/Cedar Falls. We are expecting 6" of snow withing the next couple of days and our groomer will be in full swing to get the trails ready for the weekend. If you have never ridden the NE Iowa trail system, please give it a chance. If anyone can make it and wants to meet up, PM me or post in this thread. Thanks!

Back